What is everyone using for the Long tube on Pack

td1524

I really need to find a light weight tube that the correct length of can be cut the length for my motar tube on the pack im trying to make. I cant seem to find a site that sells mailing tubes or somerthing like it in less quanties than alot.....Post up ..Please help....TD1524

Hey buddy :) as far as i know,there are no fixed length for the mortar tube,as in the movie too,the length is differ on one pack and another....i think

i say cut the length to your liking

a lightweight tube,the only thing i can show you is the alvin ice tube CLICK HERE and HERE ,they're lightweight,but way too long(you need to cut the length),cons again,it will not fit several thermal detonator dial and cap,lets say AP.

Maybe theres another solutions,but i dont know,i just use a PVC for my pack

goodluck :)

I have an entire case of clear 2" diameter 48" long plastic packing tubes which perfectly fit the MH/SB and AP detonator caps. It will need to be painted and it's very light weight.

I could cut one to the length you decide and post it you if you want for $2 plus the postage.

I will get a picture of it too.

I have an entire case of clear 2" diameter 48" long plastic packing tubes which perfectly fit the MH/SB and AP detonator caps. It will need to be painted and it's very light weight.

I could cut one to the length you decide and post it you if you want for $2 plus the postage.

I will get a picture of it too.

pm'd you on this...

• 2 weeks later...

For the MH/SB backpacks, we've been cutting the tubes to 29" That seems to be proportional with the rest of the backpack when compared to the screen captures.

Charlie

What type of tubes are you using on the MH/SB packs? Where did you get them? They can't be Alvin Ice Tubes because they are two wide. The caps in the MH/SB kit are a little bigger than 2".

What type of tubes are you using on the MH/SB packs? Where did you get them? They can't be Alvin Ice Tubes because they are two wide. The caps in the MH/SB kit are a little bigger than 2".

A couple of years ago, someone was selling off old inventory on eBay, and we purchased a couple of cases of the clear 2" mailing tubes which have an outside diameter of 2 1/4" The MH/SB endcaps are actually pulled over a 2" schedule 40 PVC pipe with an outside diameter is 2 3/8" They fit nicely onto the end of the mailing tube and are just a little snug.

With a little glue, you can be sure to not pop your top (like these troopers in the locked door scene have!)

Posted Image

Charlie