TD Comic Strip

FIVE

So I've been thinking of doing a comic based on stormtroopers / sandtroopers for almost a year now. I've had numerous ideas of premise, location, characters, etc., etc. I've done sketches and sketches and sketches trying to come up with the perfect looking "comic" stormtrooper. Well, not long ago I finally settled that I was going to focus on sandtroopers... specifically 2 sandtroopers. Of course one will be named after me (even though I don't have a set of TD armor yet), and the other I've not decided on.

The premise is they are 2 troopers based out of Mos Eisley. They'll encounter some familiar circumstances (such as the first comic below) but they'll also be running into plenty of new characters and situations. Don't count on a consistent time line either. Some things may happen "during" ANH, some things after, some things before. Though I'll try to as much as possible my goals isn't going to be sticking to canon storyline... just about having fun. Of course the title of the strip is my new "catch phrase" I've been using on here and other places, "Think Dirty." I like it for a number of reasons, not the least of which the initials are "TD".

So, without further adieu here's the first strip.

I've got quite a few ideas for future strips too... but if you have any ideas shoot them over to me or post them on here.

Hope you enjoy it and maybe get a chuckle out of it too! :)

Posted Image

http://www.noelgreen.com/td/TD_001.jpg

P.S. As the strips go on I'm curious to see if anyone can guess who the two main TDs are based on. I won't give clues here, but there will be (and already are) plenty of clues in the strip itself!

NAME THE COMIC

Vote on your favorite name...

• Think Dirty
  • Teee Deee
  • Under Armor
  • Deployed
  • Other

Thats Great :lol:

ooh ooh....me me me

orange pauldron is capt. terrik and the other one is davin felth :mellow: .....tik....tok.....tik......tok......tik.....tok............................. :D

No, not Davin & Tarik - though I guess that's where I got the pauldron colors. This isn't a hint really... but they're not from the Star Wars universe.

Glad you're all enjoying this!

I've gotten a lot of good feedback here, on the 501st forum and on facebook. Makes me definitely want to keep doing it. :)

So I've got like 5 other comics all laid out now... just have to draw them... but I'm wondering something, do you think I should change the name from "Think Dirty" to something else?

I've started a poll on this thread... vote for your favorite name.

I like "Think Dirty"... but, I'm thinking ahead and wondering if this was to get some publicity if I want THAT to be the name. I don't want people to have any negative thoughts about it before they read it / give it a chance.

So... let me know your thoughts, and I'll be posting a new comic within a week or so I hope!

I say Think Dirty bro :)

But for not to 'negative' it,maybe you can add a little title underneath it,like whats the main story about like 'Deployed Officers on Tattoine'

Or a quotation like 'Sandy Dandy Saga' or 'Whos Your Sandy!!' etc. :lol:

I go for '' Think Dirty '' ! Heg...we sandtroopers are dirty right :lol: ( and with '' dirty '' i mean our Armors ) !! So my vote is on number 1 !! And please keep those comics coming bro, i think they are great B):) ! Can't be comics enough about us '' The dirty Troopers '' :D !!

Grtz RAY

• 2 weeks later...