Converting to TD

Jango 5204

Hey guys. My name is Craig, and I'm in the Central California Garrison. I've been in the 501st about a year and a half. My primary suit is Jango. I recently acquired my SL designation for my EpIII Vader. I have a completed AP TK. I'm using FX arms cause the AP stuff is way too small, even after shims. I've had it more than a year. I'm usually on TDH, FISD, and Clone Empire.

I've decided to convert my TK to TD. I hardly wear it and when I do, we've usually got clean TK's present anyway. I've been reading the heck out of Mike's website.

Posted Image

were all here to help so just let us know how we can help you bro.You know you will have to lose the drop boxes, you will have to mod the ab plate get all weathered up and get some pouches and pack.You will want to get a bfg as well(mg-34,lewis or mg-15)choose a color of the pauldron you like and you should be good to go.

Keep us updated!

were all here to help so just let us know how we can help you bro.You know you will have to lose the drop boxes, you will have to mod the ab plate get all weathered up and get some pouches and pack.You will want to get a bfg as well(mg-34,lewis or mg-15)choose a color of the pauldron you like and you should be good to go.

Keep us updated!

Sure do. I also need to find out who makes the ab and knee parts. I have a white pauldron and a hyperfirm mg34. I need to find the backpack and mod the 34 to a DL19.

Welcome onboard bro and good luck on your project ! Love to see some pics of your Jango also !

Grtz RAY

Posted Image

Both are from SDCC08' This si my Jango. My friend Jeff is wearing my TK that will be converted to my new TD. He's 6-3", which explain the space on some of the parts, I'm only 6-00. Boba is Ben (Bountyone), also a new member here. This is the Spike TV Boba suit that he has since sold. :blink: When people see us together they say," Finally some real sized characters." :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Yeah, that was a sad day for me to sell my ESB Fett but I have since bounced back and put together a really cool TD (IMO). I'm using FX armor with an AP helmet. I've had good news on my pack and DLT Hyperfirm which should be here this Thursday. I will get pics up soon after I have submitted them for 501st approval. Glad your making the switch Craig, will this be done before Wonder Con?

Here's a link to my Spike TV commercial I did in my ESB Fett, really funny.

http://www.spike.com/video/dont-make-fun-of/2996499

That's a pretty sweet TK and I'm sure FISD will be sad to lose you. It will however make a fantastic TD. Here is the conversion steps:

Easy (must haves)

1) Repaint traps/tears or get new decals from Mike A.

2) Lose the drop boxes

3) Lose the holster

4) The ab plate cover should just pop off if you're lucky, leaving the correct TD detail underneath

5) Swap out the sniper plate for a diamond one

Harder (nice to haves)

1) Change the left ab 4 button strip to a three button (may actually not be that bad)

2) Remove the plastic shoulder straps

Accessorize (fun)

1) Get dirty!

2) Get some pouches

3) Get a pauldron

4) Get a pack

Lastly

1) Apply for MEPD Police Officer status :)

Man I love Boba Fett, Finished my TK and TD now working on a Biker scout and then having a Boba Fett after crimbo as its the most expensive one to get. I'm having it built and painted for me as my painting skills are bad.

One thing I noticed it takes alot more stamina to go out with a T-21 and back pack on for long periods to a TK B)