Recasting

NMMI89

Hey all, just cruising through this and clonetroopers.net and a subject of recasting came up several times on CTN. Especially in their charter. Just what is recasting? Isn't every set of armor recasting? I'm not sure what that "title" entails. Can anyone shed some light for this newbie? :huh:

Posted Image

In short: Don't support or buy from those who recast (duplicate) another person's original creative content.

But then there is that "honor among thieves" thing... where it's okay to recast an original screen-used item, but you can't recast that person's work.

501st Leadership and Charter has a "hands off" approach to the subject, but the community at-large generally frowns upon it, including Legion members.

Posted Image

In short: Don't support or buy from those who recast (duplicate) another person's original creative content.

But then there is that "honor among thieves" thing... where it's okay to recast an original screen-used item, but you can't recast that person's work.

501st Leadership and Charter has a "hands off" approach to the subject, but the community at-large generally frowns upon it, including Legion members.

I always wondered what re-casting was!

So does this mean if you see something on a website that was a remake of an item from one of the movies, and you tried to make the same thing the same way as the person did and you make and sell them, with out thier permission,then that is recasting?????? :unsure::blink:

ShortTRooper (Diana)

I always wondered what re-casting was!

So does this mean if you see something on a website that was a remake of an item from one of the movies, and you tried to make the same thing the same way as the person did and you make and sell them, with out thier permission,then that is recasting?????? :unsure::blink:

ShortTRooper (Diana)

Sort of. It is more about taking that persons actual product and recasting it. If you like a way someone does something try to reproduce it without making an actual cast of their object, that probably wouldn't be considered recasting. I mean, all armor makers are copying George's idea as best they can, but making a mold from another trooper's actual work is what is frowned upon.

Sort of. It is more about taking that persons actual product and recasting it. If you like a way someone does something try to reproduce it without making an actual cast of their object, that probably wouldn't be considered recasting. I mean, all armor makers are copying George's idea as best they can, but making a mold from another trooper's actual work is what is frowned upon.

Ok now I understand what it is.

Thank you!

ShortTrooper (Diana)