TK-Js' TD V.2

TK-J

Well my TE armour turned up and after following some advice from Daetrin and 4510, I decided to dirty it up and leave the AP clean for my Elite ANH TK attempt. The previous owner obviously had some assembly problems;

Posted Image

After getting it together and painting with Krylon Gloss white, this is what i got;

Posted Image

The temptation was to leave it clean since it looks so good shiney'n'white :lol:

I used Mikes tut for weathering but fullers earth is very hard to come by here in OZ, so I used some craft pigments;

Posted Image

Then dusted with Doc Cabooses magnetic pigments to bring out the edges.

Posted Image

This is how it turned out;

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And here it is all together.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Whadaya think??

pics updated 24/10/08

Edited by TK-J

Looks great trooper :) .

They way i see this weathering stuff, it got two good ways of doing it.

1. The more dusty look, like you did.

Or 2. The more detail rocky look, like you see here:

http://www.looksirdroids.com/davin_replica.htm

Any way i like it, good work ;) .

(maybe tone it a bit down in the tear drops, and sniper knee there)

Cheers :) .

Now this is exactly the less is more approach, I like it..great job you did there.

I am not really familiar with the weathering you used but the effect is awesome.

Can't wait to see a picture with the pauldron on the right shoulder and with handguards :D

Your MG34/DLT-19 looks sweet, what kind of gun is it...

Its maker ect :huh::) .

It's by a local prop maker here in Oz (if he ever gets caught making them the Federal Law is gonna tear him a new one) . Made from resin rubber. The detail is fantastic, but it's a little heavy.

I'll be taking some better pics his weekend (pauldron on correct shoulder and hand guards on :lol: )

Thanks for all the comments. I was worried the weathering wasn't random enough, but I am still quite pleased with it.

It's by a local prop maker here in Oz (if he ever gets caught making them the Federal Law is gonna tear him a new one). Made from resin rubber. The detail is fantastic, but it's a little heavy.

I'll be taking some better pics his weekend (pauldron on correct shoulder and hand guards on :lol: )

Thanks for all the comments. I was worried the weathering wasn't random enough, but I am still quite pleased with it.

Copy that.

Do he still makes them, and sells them as well.

If so, can you please pm my the price too on them.

Do you now if its full scale, in a way it looks a bit shorter.

But at the same time not.

Any way, your weapon looks fantastic from here.

Nice TD suits buddy, welcome on board ;) .

I'm not sure if he sells them OS. Might be hard to get them through our strict postal service. I will find out. The unassmbled kit was $200US. It is first gen cast from a real '34. You can just make out the waffenampt and the serial numbers are very clear.

I'm not sure if he sells them OS. Might be hard to get them through our strict postal service. I will find out. The unassmbled kit was $200US. It is first gen cast from a real '34. You can just make out the waffenampt and the serial numbers are very clear.

Sweet price, can you ask him if still wanna do a few of them.

I got the sweetest HF MG34/DLT-19, so i´m not sure i need it.

but again, we are collectors... so maybe i go for one.

Cheers :) .

• 3 weeks later...

WOW, looking great there Mate. It goes to show that you don't need to look like you've climbed out of the mud to look dirty. In fact, you look like you've come out of a desert :duim:

I know that MG, I love mine...

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=4108

You're right though, they are a bit heavy, I think mine's about 4.5kg, but my biceps look great now :lol:

Hopefully I'll get to see ya troop soon :)

Again, well done, it looks fantastic!!!

Cheers,

Kraig

Thanks Kraig. Doing 3 clones has helped my weathering technique immensely.

I will be stepping out with the TD at Armegeddon for the "Cantina Project" next weekend. Looking forward to catching up with everyone down there.

Your '34 is a bloody ripper!! I'll be giving that painting method a go before I hit Melbourne next weekend.

And just in case anyone is wondering, the vendor of these props will sell overseas - kit form only (it's the only way customs will let them leave the country) Email him direct at: theplasticempire1@gmail.com

Bugger, we're going away with friends for the Melbourne cup weekend.

Have a great time Mate, we'll have to catch you at another event/troop, ohhhh, take LOTS of pics :)

Cheers,

Kraig

I'd be more than happy to redo your deployment pics. Just send me the photos that you want used, and I'll take care of it.

Thanks Zac. I will get some pix to you early next week after this weekends BIG troop.

• 5 weeks later...

I know this is what I keep saying on every thread... but it's true... this makes me want to go Sandy so badly! :)

Thanks for the pics man... I love that weathering job... love the way some of the "spots" really look like sand beaten wear and tear. Great job!

I know this is what I keep saying on every thread... but it's true... this makes me want to go Sandy so badly! :)

Thanks for the pics man... I love that weathering job... love the way some of the "spots" really look like sand beaten wear and tear. Great job!

Do both. There is a growing number of people who do both TK-Elite + TD-Police Officer.

Hey TK-J

Would you mind PM'ing me his details. I live in Oz to and know that when I go to get one of these I'm going to have trouble finding one I can import in. If he's local that gets rid of a lot of hassle.

Thanks