Straps for the back pack...need pics please!!!!

Short TRooper

:)

Hi guys,

I now need info on how to attach some straps to my brand new back pack so it won't fall off me after I stand up.

this is what I need to know

1. What kids of straps do I use?

2.What kind of buckles do i need?

3.How do I attach it to the frame?

4.how do I wear it while wearing the armor...I .E. do i put the straps under the chest plate, ect..Do the straps stick out on the shoulders....

thanks guys!

Short Trooper (Diana)

unfortunatly there isn´t too much reference out there showing details of the backpacks.

on the other hand that leaves space to do it like you want... :rolleyes:

here is what i could find for now...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

so, if i would do my strapping again, i would probably choose this solution...

Posted Image

i really hope this helps... ;)

Here you see my way.

I use the 70´boy scout frame, for my pack.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Okay here you go.

On the boy scout frame, there is two holes in the frame near the neck area.

I just add some black fat/strong elastic, whit strong screws into the holes through the elastic.

The frame also got two holes, down near the curve.

So its pretty simple, to add it again there.

The back pack sits perfect, and are really comfy to troop whit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope you can use the info ;) .

I don't have pictures yet since I am building yet another pack but I prefer using MIL spec Rucksack straps in SWAT black. They are easier to adjust and have quick-releases to drop it off in a hurry. I know they aren't screen accurate but they are completely concealed. I recommend these:

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALICE-PACK-BACKPACK-FR...1713.m153.l1262

:)

thank you every one for the information, it gave me some good pointers and some ideas on how to do this...

Thank you again!....

(Short Trooper (Diana)

Diana,

One thing you might also want to consider is adding a chest strap to keep it form feeling like it is pulling your shoulders apart.

Diana,

One thing you might also want to consider is adding a chest strap to keep it form feeling like it is pulling your shoulders apart.

Ok , how do I add a chest strap to this then. I am going to get the Rutsack straps as shown by TD-9914 so would I be able to add a chest strap to that?

Any one got any pics of how that can be done? (I understand things better if I'm shown a picture than you telling me...my brain is wired more to photos for understanding... B) Sorry to ask for pics so much!)

Short Trooper (Diana)

Ok , how do I add a chest strap to this then. I am going to get the Rutsack straps as shown by TD-9914 so would I be able to add a chest strap to that?

Any one got any pics of how that can be done? (I understand things better if I'm shown a picture than you telling me...my brain is wired more to photos for understanding... B) Sorry to ask for pics so much!)

Short Trooper (Diana)

Okay ignor the gentleman behind the straps...he was not having a good hair day or any other kinda day...

Posted Image

This is for my bicep/shoulder and thigh rig. What I used was a backbrace(modified). The strap accross the upper chest is simply two strips of 1 inch nylon(not stretchy) and a set of plastic parachute clips.(can use whatever clips you have available) Sow the nylon to the straps and you will have to sow one end of the nylon going through the one of the clips closed. Thats it.

My original plan was to mount everything hanging off the back brace. This includes my Biceps, my shoulder bell(I only wear one cause the other is covered up by the pauldron), thighs, and eventually the pack. Not sure on doing the pack that way anymore.

Okay ignor the gentleman behind the straps...he was not having a good hair day or any other kinda day...

Posted Image

This is for my bicep/shoulder and thigh rig. What I used was a backbrace(modified). The strap accross the upper chest is simply two strips of 1 inch nylon(not stretchy) and a set of plastic parachute clips.(can use whatever clips you have available) Sow the nylon to the straps and you will have to sow one end of the nylon going through the one of the clips closed. Thats it.

My original plan was to mount everything hanging off the back brace. This includes my Biceps, my shoulder bell(I only wear one cause the other is covered up by the pauldron), thighs, and eventually the pack. Not sure on doing the pack that way anymore.

Dear cjfive,

Thank you for the picture as that helped me to understand what I need to do to put the chest straps on...And it give me a few more ideas on how this thing works and how it sits on your back. I do have a small concern as to how this will sit on my back as I have a slight hunching over due to my musculo-skeletal disease. :mellow::(

Do you have foam on the back of your pack so it doesn't rub on your armor?

that looks like a good idea on how you have that set up. B)

And your hair looks better than mine, at least you don't have any grey... (I"m 49 but my grey hair makes me look 90! :blink: )

Short Trooper (Diana)

Dear cjfive,

Thank you for the picture as that helped me to understand what I need to do to put the chest straps on...And it give me a few more ideas on how this thing works and how it sits on your back. I do have a small concern as to how this will sit on my back as I have a slight hunching over due to my musculo-skeletal disease. :mellow::(

Do you have foam on the back of your pack so it doesn't rub on your armor?

that looks like a good idea on how you have that set up. B)

And your hair looks better than mine, at least you don't have any grey... (I"m 49 but my grey hair makes me look 90! :blink: )

Short Trooper (Diana)

Of course no foam on the pack...scuffs add character. In all honesty my pack does have some padding. The first time I wore it it had one sharp edge that sat right over my right kidney. End of a three hour troop I had a section of armor about 3 inches by 3 inches that looked like it had got in a knife fight.

For the extended or walk-a-thon troops, I run a sternum strap under the chest plate. Counters any shoulder fatigue.

If you're using the US military-type shoulder straps set (A.L.I.C.E LC-1 or LC-2 I think) all you need is 25mm nylon tape/webbing looped around each shoulder strap, with a 25mm quick release buckle.

You may want to favour the buckle to one side of the chest plate so you can reach in and unclip as required.