Looking To Get Started

witmen

Hello all

The wife gave me the ok to buy a set of armor. I'm very excited, but I'm having trouble making up my mind about what kit to get. I know I don't want the FX helmet. But I'm 6'1 225 lbs, from what I've read I might have trouble fitting in the other armors. I'm ok with the rest of the fx armor if I have no other choice. I dunno what do you guys think?

Thanks

Armor: With your size I would order a set of RTmod armor, sometimes hes hard to get ahold of due to working out of town all the time. But hes a cool guy and he always tries to get to replies asap. His armor is a lil more then the usual FX.

Pauldron: Theres a few guys here making beautiful ones. Jump on them quick!

Weapon: Build your own, or if you want the best check out hyperfirm and a few others

Neck Seal: Ebay or make your own.

Boots: Caboots.com

Pack: Build your own or one of the guys from hyperfirm has started a run on pack parts. swoop on those quick!

All the other lil things you can search around and fine. Im a big boy too, FX will work but RT is way better.

I can pm you info on specifics of where to get the RT kit and a few other things. This stuff becomes easily an obsession, especially if this is your first run at it, so dont forget family first! Hope this helps.

People larger than you have fit into TE2/AP armor, but it takes a bit more work. I think RT is the way to go. The only advantage of FX is that it's the least expensive if you go the FX lite route, else it's the least desirable.

Neck Seal: TK409 and Riveting (FISD boards) IMHO make the best. TK4205 on the FISD boards sells tops with the neckseal sewn in. Actually I already had a neck seal and he did the tailoring on two of my tops. Disclaimer: he's also a garrison mate, but he also has a 100% satisfaction rate.

Boots: I disagree here. The best IMHO is to get a pair of Jodhpur boots and dye (or have them dyed) them white. It may end up cheaper than caboots if you do the work yourself, you're guaranteed they'll fit you (if you try them on first), and there's no worry about the CABoots smell :)

Pauldron: if you're desperate you can always get a normal one on Ebay for $35 or so, though Rolf's are currently the best.

You'll also need pouches - but hang out here and they're always becoming available.

Canvas belt & shoulder straps: you can make your own or buy them from either GundamZeppelin or Firebladejedi. FBJ's

Otherwise I'm in agreement with TD-443

Thanks guys.

Sounds good, I'm glad I asked I hadn't even heard of the RT armor I like it alot better then the FX. I would love more info on how to get a set. I haven't even started looking at boots or packs or any of the other stuff. Is it normal to start as TK, it seems like it might be a cheaper way to get started. I do wanna be a TD though, Dirty is so much cooler then clean and shiny.

Thanks again.