Got An Mr Ce ... Need Advice, Tips, Help

Hawk

I got myself an Master Replicas Collectors Edtion bucket, and I need advice tips or general help on moding the ears and such.

I am very leary to take it apart myself. So the more specific the advice the better.

Thanks!

Somethings it needs modifications on:

Ears - they stick out too far

Aerators need replacing. I need to know how to remove them. I already have replacments I got from Stomper.

Lenses

The frown needs some work - mainly some paint which I can do. But also needs widening I THINK.

The seem needs fixing but Im going to wait on that.

I agree with the previous poster. I believe there are some WIP threads at the FISD. In the meantime, here's the best I can tell you:

Ears - they stick out too far

These are integrated into the helmet design in such a way as to make them a real ***** to remove. Personally, I wouldn't recommend this mod. It can be done though. The cover cap is glued on using a couple of pins. These can be drilled out from inside the helmet. Once it's removed, you can pretty much figure out the rest when you're looking at it. They can be sanded down.

Aerators need replacing. I need to know how to remove them. I already have replacements I got from Stomper.

I'd recommend just breaking them off from the front and dealing with the cleanup afterwards. Just be careful to only break the black plastic. If it's looking like the white plastic wants to bend or break (unlikely IMHO) then a dremel may be your friend.

Lenses

Unscrew the existing lenses. Trace their shape, including screw holes, on a piece of dark green face shield. Cut them out with scissors and screw them back in. Probably the simplest mod.

The frown needs some work - mainly some paint which I can do. But also needs widening I THINK.

File file file. File some more. Paint.

The seem needs fixing but Im going to wait on that.

This is the most important fix, IMHO. Just fill it with a little white silicon sealant and you're done.

I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm proboly throwing myself under a bus here....but does anyone have a list of what mods. to the CE would make it MEPD worthy? Or would it proboly be worthwhile to wait for another bucket? The CE bucket is wwwaaaayyy affordable, but I don't exactly want to get something I'm going to spend forever in time on, you know? ;) I think its a step up from an FX kit helmet, but I'd like to know from much more "worthy" members. :D