Tk-2416 Transforming To Td-2416

Guest TK-2416

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D yeah baby yeah, you are doing freaking GREAT!!! bro ;) .

You have assembled the suit flawless ;) .

And it your first armor build ever, impressive... VERY!!! impressive indeed ;) .

The weathering progress, looks good too bro.

Right now it looks like over kill, but it the right way to do it.

Maybe a few more darker colours (mud, dark brown, maybe some grey), in the deepest details and you are there.

Before you clean it down, to the right sandy look.

CanĀ“t wait to see you skills, you impressive us again and again :) .

Guest TK-2416

Thank you my Master for the kind words!!

Now I have painted the belt.. Hairsprayed everything and it shines brilliant - fantastic how great in works. It gives a protective layer to the earthcolours and makes the armor shine!!

The pictures did not come out very well, I will try to put it on tomorrow and get some outdoors photos.. I have tried to use some dark colours aswell.. Lets see have the new pics turn out :P

The weathering process:

First I took the dark colour (Raw Umber) for the corners and some dots/marks, then I took the light grey (concrete), then added some red again for dots/marks (burnt umber) and then finally the yellow ocher.. Then I took a papertowel and lightly mixed it together, very very slowly not trying to make patterns or remove the colours or mix it all together in one colour.... I think I found a great routine for this.. worked fine much better than I could have hoped for!! At least for a newbie ;)

Everything is now complete... Took me around 37 hours to complete the armor, including the weathering. Like a standard work week here in Denmark.. I got the armor Wednesday afternoon and now it is Saturday afternoon.. Now I am a bit tired.. Wonder why :blink: .. But it has been really great fun and nice having planned the time off to work focused on this.. I can easily imagine that it could take for ever if you only have 2-3 hours available once a week...

Next:

Then the bucket... I need to convince myself that I have the skills to weather it... I have the Humbrol colours right here in front of me... Could remove the tears from the TK TE2.. tempting...

Rolf - when I am all set I think it could be cool to shoot some great pictures of us in our armors.. Thanks for the help and support!!

;)

Looks real cool, mine look just like that.

Before i took off the big areas again, whit a wet and dry cloth pieces.

When you use the wet one, the weathering comes off.

But also make some nice dusty/smooth/fade surface, when you use the dry one at the same time.

If you all ready have hair spray it, you can still get some off.

But its a bit harder, to make the smooth surfaces.

I redid my weathering on my AP, after i have hair spray it.

I can make some nicely details too, because it comes off in pieces like rock landscape.

Here you see my TE2:

Unfinished:

Posted Image

Finished:

Posted Image

Older AP:

Posted Image

Guest TK-2416

Here I am in my new armor... First time wearing the complete armor!!

Still need to weather the bucket, but I am out of earth colours... New set ordered...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks fantastic!!! bro :) .

Only two thing there might have to be redone.

1. The weathering, need the last step to be clean off here and there.

2. The belt have to be higher up.

Here you see me belt position.

Posted Image

Guest TK-2416

Yep - I noticed the belt.. I must have lost some weight! :blink:

Will be corrected.. ;)

I have tried to modify some of the weathering today..

Would like to know what you guys thinks before I go all the way...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I like it.

In a way it look very accurate.

Here you see some of the troops, there all most donĀ“t have no white left on there suits.

Just like yours.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

But i like it, when there as some white areas vs. the dirty spots here and there to the details.

In a way the Mos Eisley troops, seems more clean then the desert troops.

Posted Image

Posted Image

There helmets, looks all most clean.

Cheers :) .

Guest TK-2416

Thanks for the great info!! I learn everyday!!!

I will try to tone it down even further tomorrow.. Following your advice.. New pics to follow..

Thanks bro!!

I know weathering is a very big subject and to copy nature or something that happens naturally is a tough challenge.We all have in our minds eye what something should look like.

Anyway here how i see your suit should be looking.I have taken some of the sold colour you had going and taken it down to almost the white of the armour.

All the shapes and pattens are your work just knocked right off...Or maybe something between the two?

Posted Image

Hope that helps

Guest TK-2416

I have tried to do the stukatrooper mod...

I am out of light colours... so only darker colours available for the fading effect...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please let me know (honost opinion) what you think and suggest me to do..

Thanks bros!

I think it looks much better now.

1. Keep it as it is.

2. Keep it as it is, and add some more woodland weathering details here and there when you got some more again.

3. Clean it all down, and give it another go (when i did my TM i also redone it 3 times).

I think you should go for number 2 ;)

Fantastic,you have just taken the weathering hammer in both hands and nailed it mate.Stop there what you have done is highlight all the shapes of your suit and its come alive.

Now transfer that same skill over to the arms and leg parts and your there 100%.All i did was some photoshop magic but to work your suit back hands on is were the true art is.

Wonderful thread, and the weathering has come a long way. With that recent photo Seeker posted, using fullers earth is probably not the thing to do for screen accuracy. I still prefer it for that "real world" look, though.

Ive put a side by side of the three examples and also ponited out something thats been bugging me on your ab letterbox detail.

The pull seems very soft with little or no detail in there.I first thought it was the light but checked all the other pictures and its defo a bad pull on the suit.

This is an easy fix ,cut the letter box out and glue a plastic plate behind the slot.I have shown how it should look in the picture .

Posted Image

Guest TK-2416

Thanks for spotting the details there!! ;)

I will do the mod tonight.. Still have some left over strips that should work just fine.. I have see from the back side of the armor where to put the cut.. Should be easy..

Cheers!

Guest TK-2416

Hi Guys..

Been working on the weathering of the armor.. Didnt do the box modification.. Would hate to destroy the armor.. Instead I have tried to make it a bit darker...

The camera was tricked a bit..

But I hope you can get an idea of the armor as is right now:

First picture is to show the more accurate colouring and fading effect...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image