MP-40 pouches

Check out what came in my P.O. box this morning:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bought them from International Military Antiques last week, and couldn't be happier with the product, their service, and quick shipping. Highly recommended. Unfortunately, I think I bought the last set of MP 40 pouches that they had. I do have a question about the little oil can pouch on the end. Is it supposed to be that far out, or should I take it off and move it further in? Also, can I use the second one for the pouch on the belt, or will I need a leather pouch for that?

Here's another little thing I got today.

Posted Image

Thanks again, Mike.

Some sweet looking pouches you got there..

I don't know for 100% sure but I believe that the oil can pouch can stay where it is, because there are different types going around.

For the belt shouldn't be a problem too...because they used the wien stolla on the belt also.

Also, when you paint these bad boys remember to stick a rectangular piece of wood in the pouches so when they dry they stay in the right shape...

when painted they will look like this..

Posted Image

But you made great buy there...a great buy

Alright gents, here's the first look after the black dye:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I used Fiebing's leather dye on the whole thing. It comes with a dauber so it was a very quick operation. Just dip and spread and the canvas really took to it well. It was absorbent, but one dip into the dye would go a long way. I ended up using about three quarters of a bottle, but I'm very happy with the way it turned out.