I NEED A HELMET.....HELP...

DarkHammer

just got my FX Armor and am now looking for the most screen accurate Sandy helmet ,,,i am currently watch a couple on ebay and just dont know what to get,,are the MR worth tha cash??i have been told that it will need to be modded.... if some one has one or can point me in the right direction please let me know....darkhammer out...

IMHO the best match for FX armor if you is the TE2 helmet or a very close second the AP. You can always PM for contact info, though they do run $300 or more for a kit.

The MRCE helmet is better than the stock lid and very inexpensive, but the color doesn't quite match the ABS plastic of your armor and it has a peculiar look when seen head-on.

cool thanks guys,,money really isn't the issue as long as get quality , now can some one PM me with some info on were to pick up TE2 or an AP??????thanks...darkhammer out....

• 2 weeks later...

IMHO the best match for FX armor if you is the TE2 helmet or a very close second the AP. You can always PM for contact info, though they do run $300 or more for a kit.

The MRCE helmet is better than the stock lid and very inexpensive, but the color doesn't quite match the ABS plastic of your armor and it has a peculiar look when seen head-on.

Do you think the mrce helmet and the fx kit both weathered would look ok? Of course doing the sandtrooper mods.

I've got the MR CE for my TK and I really enjoy it and yes there is just a couple mods you have to do. For the $90 it's not bad at all. Basically a nice replacement for the FX Bucket. One of the TD's here has a thread with the MR CE Weathered..it looks very nice too.

( it was $90 now it's $100..guess gas prices may have something to do with it.)

Here is the earlier thread: http://www.mepd.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0

I've got the TE for my TD. Great helmet.

I've got the MR CE for my TK and I really enjoy it and yes there is just a couple mods you have to do. For the $90 it's not bad at all. Basically a nice replacement for the FX Bucket. One of the TD's here has a thread with the MR CE Weathered..it looks very nice too.

( it was $90 now it's $100..guess gas prices may have something to do with it.)

Here is the earlier thread: http://www.mepd.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0

I've got the TE for my TD. Great helmet.

I would love a TE but I dont think its within my price range. Is it a safe bet that the mrce is a better helmet then the fx for getting dirty?

The MRCE is a better helmet than FX, period

FX Lite + MRCE is the least expensive combo for TK armor and a popular choice when you're on a budget.

Does anyone even have an FX anymore? We're like down to one or two left in my garrison.

I have an FX, currently in construction. Im 6'4" and 280 lbs so most of the kits helmets dont fit. Ive tried on an RT and an AP and they arent even close to fitting my fat head.

I tried on a finished FX bucket and everyone said it looked just fine. Ill get you boys a pic when Im done

FX Lite + MRCE is the least expensive combo for TK armor and a popular choice when you're on a budget.

Does anyone even have an FX anymore? We're like down to one or two left in my garrison.

I mean just the bucket guys. Even I still have my FX armor.

I agree with Mr. D here. I have an FX-lite suit (I am sorry, but for the price, ease of assembly, easy modification AND an INSTRUCTION BOOK FOR ASSEMBLY!!! – which people complain about** – is a great value). It was super-easy to assemble. It is also comfortable... where clonetrooper armor is not!

As for the helmet, I got an FX lid off of thedentedhelmet from a guy for about $80. I wore it 3 times and did what Mr. D said... "Why don't you get an RT-Mod." So, I did. I have an RT-Mod helmet that is nicely weathered. BUT, I have listened to Mr. 1536 and he and I worked out an agreement for my hopeful next lid... either a TM or TE2, if I can find one, and he will put his magic on it. I just have to re-add weathering to my suit to match what he does to my lid.

Plus, I got some TE2 shins, and plan to get the RT-Mod abdomen armor. THEN, I AM DONE!!!

As for guys planning on buying a suit of armor, to weather and wear as a TD...

If I were to buy another whole suit of armor, beautiful white armor – say by TM or TE2 or RT-Mod, I could not, with a good conscience, weather it to be a TD. They all are just too pretty. Plus, a lot of the extras on a TD suit (including a good weathering job) will make for a good looking AND good trooping TD suit!

Here is my suit (yeah, I know, ditch the drop boxes, get the knee looking better, and tweak the Ab-plate) So, I guess my suit is a "Special Edition" version...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So, a great start is an FX-lite with a better lid. And listen to the guys here on their weathering tips... You will be troopable in under a month.

Troop On!

John

** Complaints about an Instruction Book is funny to me since every suit of clone armor I have made, built, worn, whatever... came with no instructions at all!!! (one of the reasons I built Clone-Empire... to help guys with a nice, open forum to help each other.

I mean just the bucket guys. Even I still have my FX armor.

Here is my suit (yeah, I know, ditch the drop boxes, get the knee looking better, and tweak the Ab-plate) So, I guess my suit is a "Special Edition" version...

LOL - I remember also trooping once or twice in a transient state. I think getting the nerve to cut into that ab plate took a bit of time.

My FX helmet is pretty much a display piece now. But I still wear the heck out of the armor..going on six years now as my TK.

yes sir, no FX lid or MR here,, i got me one of them, wait, two of them pretty helmets on the way, one AP and one RT,,, AP should be here by the end of the week and the RT should be here by the end of the month ,,,, maybe soon i will have me one of those nice TE2,,,i think i will also be stuck in the middle until i can find out were to get my ab piece ,, that or i might just mod a lite switch,haha..alright gotta go work in the garage for awhile.....over....