Weathering an SB Pauldron

Daetrin

Hey all,

I tried to weather my SB pauldron the same way I did the cheapy ones, e.g. using Woodland Scenics. It seems the leather absorbs the tempura and it's not a great idea. See pix below.

I think for these guys a better method may be to just use fuller's earth + hair spray. Are there any other good techniques that can be used?

Posted Image

I rushed to weather mine the night before DragonCon 07... literally after 12AM. I think all I used was Fullers Earth and hairspray. But I might've used some of the raw umber, can't recall exactly.

What if you spray it whit just a small layer of lacquer.

Then the woodland item, will have a more smooth/glossy surface to lay on like the armor has it

Paul, how did you apply it? Drybrush? If not then I could see how the material would absorb it whereas drybrushing would highlight the areas you wanted with pigment without penetrating the material.

Hamfisted was my technique, as I was in a last minute rush. I *totally* forgot about dry-brushing.

Will give that a go next, along with some fullers (as soon as I can get some hair spray).

That Fett is - IMHO - probably the most faithful reproduction Boba Fett in the 501st. Years have been spent on getting each detail perfect. My costume pales in comparison, which is why as much as that FX fits me like a glove and is my "spidey suit", it will be sold off this summer in favor of TE2.

That Fett is - IMHO - probably the most faithful reproduction Boba Fett in the 501st. Years have been spent on getting each detail perfect. My costume pales in comparison, which is why as much as that FX fits me like a glove and is my "spidey suit", it will be sold off this summer in favor of TE2.

Another spidey in the legion huh