AP STORMTROOPER ARMOR

TD-427

A couple of things that really bother me about the AP armor in general.

1. The grieves use a duplicate part, ie: one of the leg's outer pieces is duplicated and used on the other legs inner pieces. Not only does it look 'off' but it makes assembling them unusual.

2. The thigh pieces MUST be trimmed to fit better. There is a lot of extra material that many people just don't think to remove for better fit.

3. Both gauntlets are the same, making for an unusual look and even more uncomfortable fit.

Aside from that, the kit is nice for what it is and a far better alternative to your typical "all in one box" FX kit.

Well, if we wanted to be nit picky we could say the frown is too big too and the ears could be a little better fitted to the helmet. Also, the drop box straps s/b white.

That said, these are nits and it's really a great looking kit - better than most of what the 501st wears currently (though that's slowly changing).

AP will do you well regardless of whether you keep it clean or not.

Troop on!

The assembly of the helmet is pretty rough, but nothing that cannot be fixed. I would trim out the eyes more, re-do the teeth so that they are individual and not like a grey ROTJ and then close up the gaps on the ear caps.

The thighs on the AP moulds have been altered and they look way too wide IMO. Trim the backs to narrow them to fit you better and add some straps to the bottoms of your shoulder bells to keep them in place.

With these mods you have a decent looking set of armour

i bought this yesterday on ebay , it is already assembled, i did notice a few things that need to be changed. but 800.00 shipped to canada , i did not think it was a bad deal...... i will trim out the eyes a bit more and fix the ear peices... rod

The price is great compared to kit costs. Everything that was brought up is really just normal adjustments when buying any used armor as they are always tweaks to be dialed in. Unless there's something I'm missing, I think you got a good deal.

AP is a really nice set of armor. Mike is right about a few duplicate parts, but if you take your time on assembly you can minimize the affect. Other than the mirrored parts, AP is in my opinion at least one of the current best because of the quality of the material used along with the detail captured in that material.

On your new set, there are definitely a few things that I would do to touch it up. First though, before you mess with anything, try it on and see what fits good and what doesn't. Shake around and see if everything holds WELL. Walk, bend, etc and feel for discomfort and chaffing. In the end, the fit is as critical as anything.

I would at least work on the following things:

1) The teeth on the helmet. I'd strip the paint from the teeth and repaint because it was painted too wide. The grey would not go past the individual teeth. The difference is in how you mask. It will be a pain but you should do it.

2) The thighs. One is considerably fatter than the other. Again though, you will have to check the fit on you before modifying. They should suspend comfortably but with less gap than in the picture. Taper them closer at the knees.

3) Like you said, cut open the eyes more. Get rid of the lip.

4) The butt plate may need a bit of work where it comes to the front (the point between the legs). It may just be the model, but it is noticably pointing out from the front. I hook elastic between the front and back and cut it so it doesn't bunch like that.

5) Not really an accuracy thing but a comfort thing... you may want to trim out a section shaped like this _____/ from the top of the back of the shins and the reverse from the bottom of the back of the thighs. It will help you a lot with walking and general articulation.

6) line up overlapped edges and slightly round off corners. Helps you from snagging and poking yourself.

I would start there. If you are going Sandtrooper there is a whole other laundry list. Also, I am a big fan of painted armor now (with the right paint), but that is totally up to you.

Have fun!!!

Overall I like the AP armor for what it is...I do wish the mic tips were accurate, though. Easy to fix tho...I'd suggest contacting Keith for a genuine set

nice set of armor.

Who's Keith and how can we get a hold of him?

• 3 weeks later...

i recieved this armor today... its not a thick at the fx, but i like it..... i took the helmet apart and fixed the ears... i had to redrill a few holes and now its perfect... i fixed the eye openings as well..... i have to make a few adjustments in armor with strapping etc... so it fits me better... but over all i am very happy with the armor.... id like to get a fiberglass helmet a little later on though..... rod

Nice set of armor. I to have a set, and with a few mods it turned out great.

I am still working on also to get perfect, but have a little ways to go. Calf parts, forarms, and biceps.

As for aerators, you may try stomper to. I notice on this site he has another run on speaker hovies, with or without the speakers.

• 6 months later...

:blink: :blink: How'd you guys Re-do the teeth? :blink: :blink:

:( cant think a better way to do that.......thats why i asked :D

waiting for the AP now,hope it'll arrive anyday now,i hope....hope so :(