FX Armor leg pieces too small?

Daverian

I just wanted to get people's insight to this, I originally cut my FX leg pieces too small so I bought replacement pieces for the thigh and shins. Is it just me, or are the pieces cut too small to begin with? I am trying to show only enough black around the top of the thigh and where the shin and thigh meet to allow fluid movement. I am 5'9" (little short for a stormtrooper joke, right?) and the gap from shin to thigh on the back of the knee is at least 5". And that is without trimming them! I noticed I could lift the shin pieces another 2" and still move comfortably, but they are not tall enough! Anybody else come across this?

The original FX thighs had a much smaller gap in the back. FX redid them presumably due to many folks giving him feedback that they'd sacrifice accuracy for comfort. He also made the thighs huge in diameter as well.

You can try to score some of the older ones, but they are very rare. Alternatively, you can get a set from AP, etc. that will better fit you.