Gettin' dirty

Scott M.

I wanted to show off a little something I been working on. Let me know what you think:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am waiting to get my TD designation and then I will submit for Deployment over here when that comes through, but I just wanted to share a little of what I have been doing here and there. Feel free to provide any feedback or suggestions. I certainly have been very grateful for all the help I have received here so far, so keep it comin'. I know I need to trim the strap for the BFG, but I just cannot decide how I want to attach it, thus my hesitance.

I like the fact that your sand looks like sand and not dirt or mud!

Maybe some of the sand on the pauldron will naturally wear off as you troop, just as it would in real life? I think it makes sense that, in the real world, more sand would stick to the pauldron and the ammo pouches than would stick to the armor.

Very nice backpack! Mine is brand new, too, and I'm hesitant to weather it, but I suppose it has to be done.

Looks really good. Backpack looks great! I would take a lot of the dirt off the pauldron, though. I think it's too dusty looking, but it's up to you.

Thanks for the input, that is why I asked. I have a feeling a lot will come off, and I also agree it looks a little "heavy" on the dirt.

Very nice! Remember that dirt usually sticks in corners, not so much on exposed surfaces!

Yea, I was trying to focus on the cracks more, but my technique needs practice. I hope to dirty up the pack today.

Thanks again for all the comments. I will post an update of the pack when I get it a little more "used."

The technique is great. I think the pauldron is a nice variation, just that it's dirty a lot compared to the chest is all.

Great work Scott!

The pauldron does look a bit more dirty than anything else. Also, don't forget to dirty your gun.

Agreed. I will be brushing it off this week to make it more in line with the rest of the armor. I still need to dirty the pack and gun, so I will get that done before the weekend.

thats a good lookin t-21 where did you get it?

A good gentlemen of the 501st site. It is a resin gun, so on the heavy side, but I have a Cushman DLT-19 just starting to take shape.

I like it.

But i will clean it down a bit, let it get in the corners here and there.

And use some more colours on it, like:

Dark/light sand, Dark/light brown, mud, black, grey.

And give the suit + gear the same weathering, all over .

I sure you know Mike´s site www.tk1536.com

There you can see the mix i´m talking about.

There is many pictures, and it looks good.

Cheers .

Looking good Scott! Haven't come across any of that Fullers Earth stuff over here in New Zealand yet, does it stick to the costume well once you've sealed it over?

Nice armour bin too

I will let you know after this weekend!! It will be my first troop as a TD, so I will probably learn a lot on Saturday.