MH backpack complete and ready for operation

trooper1

After weeks of reading, a major acquisition of parts from a friend, many hours of researching everyones threads on this forum and braksbuddys pics. I have completed my backpack, let me know what you think

I will post what I used after the pics.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Ok, now after weeks of working here is what I was able to come up with.

First off I used the plastic pipe backframe idea that was listed here, second the parts came from a friend who decided a couple of years ago not to finish the pack he was going to start. I think the parts are some of SethB6025, and TK-1536 work and I dont know who else.

The tutorial from TK-1536 was a great source of information. It helped out tremendously.

The stinger was two of the outside fawcet insulated covers purchased at Lowes, I took one of them and cut the bottom off and glued it to the top with plastic welder, painted and added the stinger with the water line, and part of a flex drain line. Lots of plastic welder. wire tied to boxes

Wire ties were a great idea also and came in handy, along with rivets and washers.

Well any questions or comments, let me have it.

Thanks to ALL for the great information provided on this site. If you look for it, you will find it.....

Thanks for the info, and for having a hand in such a wonderful undertaking.

I now just have a few things before rendering ready for deployment. I have my MG-34 coming from hyperfirm on Monday, then weathering. I then have the last part, the Pauldron coming from Seth, someday soon I hope. I am then ready for pics, and on the road.

Oh I did forget I have my RomFX coming soon and Stompers speakers to put in my lid.

I drilled out the five holes in the center and the ones around the outer ring on mine. I also mounted a small speaker inside for radio noise and chatter and ran the wires up to one of the radio box switches and on up to a radio shack amp and mp3 player in my stow-n-go. If I need someone to shut it off, they just flip the switch.

Ok pack complete with holes drilled. I have just mounted the straps, and after reading many threads and watching Starwars 4 again and again. I have mounted my pouch to my straps and it works great. I determined that the sandtrooper never has a shoulder pouch on without the backpack and so I found it easier to mount. See pics

I used a sitharmor pouch and cut the leather loop from the back and relocated it to mount to the strap. works great.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Now to paint the rivets with black and put hot glue on to them to smooth up the rough end, then done.

looks top cool .

Only one thing.

You have made the so called captain pack.

But have paint the sergeant pack white triangles on the radio box, left corner.

Here is a picture for ref .

Posted Image

Nice work. Rolf is right, tho. There was only one pack with the white sections on the radio dial...usually referred to as the white dial pack for some reason. It's the one with the rectangular tupperware unit on the upper right section. It just depends on what you're going for. The pack looks great!

Copy that, your pack is really good looking.

Nice work trooper.

Here you see i few shots of mine.

(the pack is clean down in some places, new weathering job up asap)

Peace out mate .

Posted Image

Posted Image