pauldron prop

Ask a sandtrooper in your local garrison to borrow their pauldron. That's easy, costs nothing, gets you all your measurements and patterns, and also gets you in good with the local costuming crowd. They could probably even give you some ideas on what to do.

I seriously considered doing this myself, but decided against it. I would ask someone in my local garrison, but considering I'm not a member yet, I doubt they would trust me with it. I don't suppose anyone on here would let me borrow theirs just long enough to get measurements?

Also, not trying to hijack your thread here, Sandstomper.

i have tried but with no luck no one i managed to get the holster and neck seal of people with no problem but no one seems to want to help out with a pauldron but tell a lie a bloke did me a link to making a pauldron but it was for clone trooper shame never mind

i have asked on many forums just with no luck n one wants to share a template or pattern or measurements so guess work is the only way

i have a template, pm me and i can e-mail it to you!

meanwhile i will try to get the template online to share it with everyone here.

(the template isn´t done by me, so if the actual author want´s it to be removed, please contact me...)

here is what i have...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i converted this tutorial from .pdf files to jpeg to show, what the tutorial looks like. contact me if you need the original .pdf files.

i don´t want to adorn myself with borrowed plumes, so thanks to the unknown author!

I'd soften the swoop a little on the part closest to the neck closure if you go by that pattern. Nice one, I think it was done by a member here a couple of years ago. I know I have it somewhere on a back-up CD, but couldn't for the life of me find it the last time I looked.

I might eventually release the pattern I came up with, if I had the means to digitize it as a correctly scaled jpeg.

Thats my pattern that I traced from a real chest protector in 2006. I am not sure if its the actual one used in the film, but its **** close. I still have the original chest protector in my drawer here I also have the pdf that is easily emailed to anyone who needs it.

Thats a Thursten Hallman chest protector. Not identical to the screen used, but its a very nice pattern. Definitely pad it, the ebay ones are way too thin in comparison to a real CP.

Copy that.

here is a picture of me in my old ap suit.

Whit a standard modify pauldron.

I longer the black area, and foam it thicker.

Posted Image

Heres is a good picture, of how thick the was in anh.

Posted Image

Can´t wait to get the SB home, they look like the real deal .

just a curious question regarding these pauldrons... isnt the proper way to make it screen accurate to spraypaint whatever color you want it to be? whether its white or orange? (abd i assume that black is the color it comes in?) i remember on the 501st boards someone posting that from a book.. what the **** was the name of it? the science behind star wars or something?

The real ones were supposedly painted, but no indications what colors were paint and which ones weren't. I don't know that I buy it, looking closely there are no indications that they were painted. Thirty year old recollections can be foggy also. The orange ones have an odd mark on them where a logo may have been painted over but that is the only aberration I noticed while researching them. Plus the backing colors varied on the pauldrons, and were consistent with the corresponding top color. So, at least two off-the-shelf models were used, its probable that only one was painted, if any at all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

At what percentage should I print the pattern out at to make it actual size?

Eh good question D: I was wondering the same thing. They should put that on the "materials page" for when you are about to start :P

My other question was, does Wal-Mart sell vinyl? :rolleyes: haha I feel cheap lol