Gaffer tape?

Murphoid

Obviously, there are pictures of TDs in ANH that had their armour secured and attached with gaffer's tape. I'm sure I'll get a few funny looks for asking something like this, but would proper amounts of white gaffer's tape on TD armour keep it from being accepted into the 501st or becoming a deployed Sandtrooper? It wouldn't necessarily be for the same reason as was used in the films, but more of an aesthetic addition to my costume. Frankly, I love the way it looks. It really adds to the filthy, rag-tag, kick *** persona of a Sandtrooper.

Anyway, I just wanted your opinions, guys. Thanks!

I think as long as it's used strategically, and decoratively, it should not be a problem. Off the top of my head, I can only think of two instances that are confirmed. One of the troops in the ally scene has it around his ankle, probably keeping it closed. And the Move Along trooper has a piece of black gaffers tape underneath his pauldron, I can only assume to hold his shoulder on. BUT, DO NOT RESORT TO USING IT TO HOLD YOUR ARMOR TOGETHER.

There's a lazy TK in our garrison who did this and kept laughing it off..."haha, but it's Canon!"

I also think it can only be pulled off if your armor and physical build REALLY sells the outfit as accurate. Otherwise, it will look chintzy and cheap.

I also think it can only be pulled off if your armor and physical build REALLY sells the outfit as accurate. Otherwise, it will look chintzy and cheap.

I absolutely agree. As far as physical build goes, I could be easily passable in the armour now to any onlooker, but I still have a ways to go before I'll look good to me. Since I plan on marching with the Spartans this year at Dragon*Con, I don't think it'll be a problem for too much longer.

Also, "chintzy" is officially my new word to make a point to say more.