2008 Elections, 501st please read

SethB6025

On January 1st (00:01:01 EST [GMT -5]), the 2008 elections for all elected offices in the Legion will begin. First, you must be registered on the 501st Legion forums to nominate officers and to vote - EVEN IN YOUR LOCAL ELECTIONS. If you are not registered already, please visit www.501stforums.com and sign up with the e-mail address you provided to your GML at the time of the last census.

In the menu on the left side, you will see a link to the 2008 elections area:

http://www.501stforums.com/elections2008/

From there, you may submit nominations for the offices of the groups you belong to. Each nominee, that nominee's unit leader, and Legion Command staff will receive an e-mail to notify them of the nomination. Each nominee will need to be seconded before being placed on the ballot. The nominee may then accept or decline the nomination. NOTE: if your current CO intends to run for office again, he or she should be nominated and seconded, even if there is no apparent challenger!

Note also that nominations can be accepted or declined before a second is received, but the acceptance will not count until there is a second. A declined nomination will be effective immediately.

All nominations are anonymous. No one will know who nominated whom through this utility.

Once the nomination period ends (January 15, 2008 at 23:59:59, EST [GMT -5]), each Garrison, Outpost, Squad, and Detachment will be responsible for conducting the question-and-answer period on their OWN FORUMS. Candidates for Legion Commanding Officer will have their Q&A session conducted on the Legion forum as usual.

(Please note that the office of Merchandise & Branding Officer is NO LONGER AN ELECTED POSITION according to a recent Charter amendment)

Voting will begin on February 1, 2008, 00:01:00 EST. The ballot will be presented to each member through the Legion forum, and will be the only vote considered valid. Voting will end February 14, 2008 at 23:59:59 EST.

A summary:

- Submit anonymous nominations through the Legion forum (January 1, 00:01:00 EST - January 15, 23:59:59 EST).

- Second, accept, and decline nominations from the Legion forum (before January 15, 23:59:59 EST).

- Garrisons, Outposts, Squads, and Detachment create special areas for questions from members to candidates (January 16, 00:00:00 EST - January 31, 23:59:59 EST).

- Vote at the Legion forum (beginning February 1, 00:01:00 EST).

If you do not see a unit listed that you believe you are a member of (for example, Detachments), please send that unit leader an e-mail requesting access, with a copy to Legion Data Droid Darren Blum (501st@blums.net).

Submit all other questions, comments, and concerns to the Legion Captain of the Guard (crimson@omegawing.net)."

At this time I will confirm that should I be nominated for DL, that I will accept.

It would an extreme honor to be able to re-nominate Seth as the next DL for 2008.

T

At this time I will confirm that should I be nominated for DL, that I will accept.

It would an extreme honor to be able to re-nominate Seth as the next DL for 2008.

T

Copy that.

I vote Seth

T

Copy that.

I vote Seth

Sounds good to me

LOL! Thanks gang for the nomination...quite an honor. Thank you.

If elected, I promise a dewback in every carport and "Chewie" stew in every pot!

Every senior sandie will be issued their own personal sandcrawler with unlimited mileage - junior sandies will be authorized their own dirt bike...

Annual MEPD Bikini Contest winners will participate in "Goodwill Tours" throughout the various MEPD posts.

Thanks again for the nomination and let the "mug slinging" begin...

T

Thanks again for the nomination and let the "mug slinging" begin...

I can imagine the first question... What physical retribution will you give to the losers if you win???

Congrats to all nominee's... This will remain the best Detchment led by the best and most able of DL regardless who wins...

Yeah me too... I can't see any...

Ok what do I need to do to see the MEPD in my detachment section on the legion boards. At the moment I don't see anything.

• 2 weeks later...