Aerator nipples as vacforming part of the helmet?

Hi mates

I noticed these nipples a long time ago and never found out why they were only present on this helmets and not on so many others I've seen.

They are very big in relation to the whole helmet but I think they have a similarity to the original smaller nipples that can be seen on close ups of the hovi mic interiors.

As I got a hovi mic set from Keith I was wondering if the nipples were originally a result of a vac formed unit with the faceplate or just an attachment. I dont know of the hdpe properties but I can imagine if a hovi mic was set on top of that big nipple it possibly squeezed due to its flexibility and held in place. Thats just an idea and normally I would say they all were attached with screws but I am not really sure. Can Keith or someone else explain more or give more ideas?

Posted Image

It was possibly cleared in an earlier thread and if I am totally wrong its no problem Maybe someone knows more...

Marcus

I don't think they are formed into the helmet, but inserted in the recess'. Its definitely not the screen-used Hovis, but looks like maybe they tried something else as an insert that was later scrapped.

I agree, they are way to big. maybe prototypes? the fact that some helmets have them and some dont, would suggest that they were not formed into the faceplate but attatched like the hovi mictips.

I agree its a seperate part of the helmet because its to much undercuts for a vac formed one.

What I mean with similarity is the little bump in the middle of the nipple on the close up here to the big ones in the earlier posted pic.

Posted Image

Also in this angle of view it looks impossible to be part of the face because it should be warped behind the hovi mic.

Posted Image

no backgrounds?

I don't think they are formed into the helmet, but inserted in the recess'. Its definitely not the screen-used Hovis, but looks like maybe they tried something else as an insert that was later scrapped.

Copy that, ive been thinking about that too