Extremely Confused- Gauntlet Armor

Vadersf15t

ok so ive been checking into setting up the strapping system for my gauntlets and i even successfully did it (although though E6000 didnt stick as well as it shouldve and ill have to redo it but im EXTREMELY confused about something:

how are the gauntlets worn? where are the valleys supposed to face? in this link i was checking the screen shots and one has the valleys following the line of the shoulder bell and bicep armor to meet the hand armor. Another screen shot has the Valleys tracing the underarm to meet the elbow. A third screen shot i saw has the valleys on the side of the arm. I cant seem to confirm anywhere that one style is correct and the other isnt. Please help guys!!!

http://www.looksirdroids.com/davin_backpack.htm

P.S. 13 more days till Halloween!

I think we understand the question. However, trying to piece together a proper fit based on screenshots is sorta futile... mainly because of the inconsistencies you pointed out. I guarantee they aren't that way on purpose, rather that's just the nature of inconsistent filming mixed with improper fit.

Ideally, the indents on the gauntlets 'should' point outwards from you with the seams of the biceps matching that of the seams on the gauntlets.

Keep in mind that the people who were in charge of these props and working on the set at the time, probably had no idea what was correct. You had one person hired to sculpt the shapes... another to vac-form, others to assemble quickly, then other people had to interrupt how to wear it. Then you have all the different body sizes wearing it and equipment malfunctions. There is an ideal, but it's open to some inconsistency based on whatever scene you're referencing.

Vambrace??? cool! i didn't want to say arm armor cause that just sounds funny. i looked it up and you are correct sir! I learn something new every day.

vam·brace /ˈvæmbreɪs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[vam-breys] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun Armor.

1. a piece of plate armor for the forearm; a lower cannon. Compare rerebrace.

2. plate armor for the arm, usually including upper and lower cannons and a couter.

For strapping, I use a black strip of 1 3/4" elastic fixed to the inner half of the forearm and inner bicep, positioned more towards the front (if that makes any sense )

When worn, the forearms are facing more towards the back when the arms are straight down. That way, when you bend your elbow upwards, you don't get pinched (as much) as if you had the forearm facing towards the side.

That's what I have found to be best for me anyway

Where's the best place to start fitting this piece? I'm noticing that if I start fitting it around my wrist area first, I get a lot of pinching on the other end, near the elbow (interior side, or anticubita fossa for my paramedic friends out there). If I slide it up closer to the elbow though, it seems like I'm gonna' have big gap between the wrist and the hand armor.

Put some foam insulation (like for around a window air conditioner) inside of the armor part ("vambrace", I love it!) to keep it positioned on your arm. While there will be some give, you will not have your full range of un-armored motion. With the foam, it won't slip up or down.