A "Move Along" showoff

DL 44 Blaster

I've had my "Move Along" Sandtrooper finished for some time and thought I'd share a couple of pics of him in my display room. The helmet is an AP, the boots are MCheng and the armor is GT with a custom ab & knee plate to be "Sandtrooper accurate"....the rifle is a real MG34 and the side pouches are real MP40's....the shoulder one is a repro. I finished all the weathering with acrylics. I hope you all like him as much as I do!

Posted Image

Posted Image

the mannequin is a very hard to get right part of a lifesize figure.

i have a couple of mannequin still in my loft which couldn´t acually convince me. my latest acquisition is a poseable mannequin from a ESPRIT liquidation.

while the mannequin is really cool, the height of 1.83 meter is still holding me from get him dressed...

Posted Image

Thanks for all the kind words everybody! The mannequin is actually molded in that position. It took me years to wait and wait for certain mannequins to have "the" pose I'm looking for prior to purchase. The right hand/arm would normally rest slightly on the hip while the left would rest on the other hip...when posed, I knew it would be perfect for just what you see....him holding a DLT19 and waving "move along" .....although the E11 would be more accurate, I'm reserving it for my Snowtrooper mannequin

Looking very nice, although you have not filled in black stuff between the teeth? As in you can see the dude in the helmet through the holes? Other than that it looks very, very nice!

actually that´s screenaccurate...

Posted Image

the mannequin is a very hard to get right part of a lifesize figure.

i have a couple of mannequin still in my loft which couldn´t acually convince me. my latest acquisition is a poseable mannequin from a ESPRIT liquidation.

while the mannequin is really cool, the height of 1.83 meter is still holding me from get him dressed...

Posted Image

Thats funny Rocko I got exactly the same mannequin from ebay. Have you any idea how to put the thigh piece of the armor on the thigh itself where the stand is inserted? Its not looking very good when the thigh piece cant be closed and I dont want to damage it.

Marcus

I was not aware of that! =) Good work!

Looking very nice, although you have not filled in black stuff between the teeth? As in you can see the dude in the helmet through the holes? Other than that it looks very, very nice!

actually that´s screenaccurate...

Posted Image