Difference between SE and original TD's?

TD-7620

Could someone state the biggest differences? Look really the same to me...

Also, since I'm planning to do a TD costume, would it be acceptable to do it as a "replacement" kind of character? In other words, a fresh recruit from another place, with TK armor perhaps? Or is that too farfetched?

Other than that: LOVE the site!!

Special Edition troopers are a totally different animal from the OT. For the most part, they are ROTJ troopers, which have symmetrical helmets, and an additional lip around chest and body armor pieces, among other things. They have many of the ROTJ Stormtrooper details that were never present on OT Sandtroopers, such as ab buttons, drop boxes, helmet details, wrong left knee plate, etc. AND they have a totally different back pack.

While there is really nothing wrong with doing an SE trooper, I honestly believe it you want to do it right, you are in for a challenge. To date, I honestly don't think there is a single 100% accurate SE Sandtrooper.

OT all the way!!!!

I think Mike covered it all. On the other hand, what you are asking about it being "acceptable to do it as a "replacement" kind of character? In other words, a fresh recruit from another place, with TK armor" sounds like what most people who don't fit the MEPD qualifications look like / settle for. The MEPD has strict guide lines for what is acceptable for deployment as a MEPD member, where as, the 501st doesn't have as strict of guide lines for TDs. See here: http://www.mepd.net/require/. I can't seem to find the Legion's definition of a TD at the moment.

As someone who helped write the ROTJ Elite standards over on FISD, let me tell you that doing a correct ROTJ is a helluva lot of work - *much* harder than doing an ANH or ESB. Several have tried, none have succeeded though one is very, very close.

You'd have to be pretty masochistic, or in need of huge costuming challenge, just to get to an accurate ROTJ TK, let alone an accurate SE TD.

As much as I dislike them, I would enjoy seeing an SE sandtrooper done well. I am with Mike on it though, I've never seen anyone do it. It is occasionally used as an excuse to skip a detail here or there on an OT version, but I've yet to see anyone brave the SE. It would be a PITA, I think your first challenge would be to find a Don Post Deluxe or Cameron Oakley ROTJ helmet. Beyond that some armor mods wouldn't be totally impossible. The pack & weathering are shameful though. Yeesh. You'd likely have to make or modify a pauldron, the SE ones were very thin & short.