My Armor UPDATED PICS!!!

Vadersf15t

ok so so i put on my whole armor and would love to hear some comments in regards to the way it looks on my frame, the way its weathered, and the detail (or lack thereof), in essence guys i want you to tear it down as much as possible so i know what to do. please note i did forget to put on the neck seal, and also i didnt realize until after the fact that the pauldron is on the wrong shoulder. in addition my MP40 ammo pouch didnt come in yet so for now ill post these pics. now i have met people who think that its wrong to buy armor from someone else and where it as their own and if there are any who feel that way, i do apologize and dont mean to impose in any way upon the skill of others. this for me is a beginning. i do plan on putting my own armor together but i need a stepping stone upon which i can figure out how best to go about it.

so please gentlemen, i beg you, dig in!!

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc14 ... mall-1.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc14 ... 6small.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc14 ... 4small.jpg

i am not the one who should come with critizism as i do not yet have any armor at all, but i think you perhaps should get some less dirty spots? Dirt usually gathers up in corners/gaps? And perhaps the black blastwound thingy on your helmet is a tad huge? Other than that i think it looks real kickass, and remember that it is you who is going to wear it, so as long as you are happy that is the best!

Even those who dont have armor are welcome to say whatever needs to be said abut the armor. after all i am not asking about how good you did on your project or how anal you may be i just generally feel appreciative towards any pointers people may give me. for those who see this and dont reply:

PLEASE!!! post your comments. im conducting a list of the things that i need to do and if you can add anything no matter how small go ahead and add it!

so far this is my list:

1) decrease the amount of dirt

2) reduce size of black spot above my right eyebrow

3) reduce space between armor on legs. (any advice on that gentlemen? im expecting the original FX thighs to be sent to me shortly and im hoping that those are bigger)

Often when I see someone's armor with some issues, I tend to remain quiet because I know how hard they worked on it this far and I don't want to hurt any feelings. Everyone has different degrees of accuracy that they want to attain and different points of view.

You sound like you can take real constructive criticism, so this is what I'd fix if it were my armor:

1. Grey has become an acceptable pauldron color, but it was never in the film. Others will argue, but I prefer black, white, or orange.

2. Weather the pauldron so it matches the weathering on everything else.

3. You already mentioned your pouches are on the way, but make sure you weather them and add them to both the shoulder where your pauldron is now and the belt.

4. Lose the E-11 holster.

5. As already mentioned, wipe off some of the weathering on the high spots and dig in more weathering in the crevices. Less is more.

6. While not a necessity, I'd start adding more accurate parts to your pack. What you have looks good for a custom homemade pack, but nothing beats accuracy. This could be a long-term project that you add to over time.

Overall, you probably just need to spend some time looking at caps from the films and focus on the details. Look at specific items.

Congratulations for getting this far!

awesome dude! thats the type of criticism i need, enjoy and find to be the most valuable! i was wondering about the Holster myself but i've seen others using it so i wasnt too sure. also, my lens are smokey or black i cant tell but definitely not the vivid green i see a lot of TD's using and i dont see that enforced either. as of right now im not too concerned with being 100% cannon but still this gets me closer to my goal! again i really do appreciate constructive criticism.

If you can find a hardware store that sells the green flexible plastic face shields, you can cut that material with scissors and install it in an FX bucket with relative ease. If you're looking to become MEPD, you'll eventually need to convert to the green. In case you haven't looked through them, the requirements are linked up at the top of the page under "What It Takes". There's also a wealth of specific info there even if you aren't looking to get deployed.

Your belt is too low. It needs to be right on the line of that triangular box that is seen in your photos.

raise the chest up a bit and lose the shoulder straps if they are the ribbed kind. Cant tell from the photos.

Less dirt. If you have too much dirt you will look like a barn boy, whose been shoveling too much bantha doo doo.

Overall it looks great.

I would work on getting rid of the FX lid and getting a TE2.

Oh and a BFG, (My opinion) lose the e-11. We sandtroopers have the big guns!

Dude, how tall are you?!

Damnit! i never even noticed the belt being too low. I just went through a bunch of TD pics and now i see that you're right. i dont even know where to begin to fix that.

I read about the straps not supposed to be ribbed, but i cant find any clear pics of the shoulder straps... can anyone supply some pics?

as far as the dirt i have a spare set of thighs and i started to remove the tempera to see how easy it comes off and what i need. it came along fine so after halloween i will start on that.

as far as the lid, its out of my hands because i cant afford a new one right now, but i DO have an MG34 on the way. Ill probably still use the E11 but only when i would prefer not to carry around my big gun.

TK4510 you're very observant! thank you for helping me out!as far as my height im just 6 foot. i live in a basement that is about 6 1/2 feet. ive knocked my head several times on my way to the bathroom, not to mention that one time i was playing Street Fighter 3rd strike and i did a really awesome combo and jumped in excitement and immediately collapsed to the floor holding my head