Build progress **NOW FINISHED!!!*

oo-tee-dee!

It was a vacuformed bit from TK1536 Here is the latest pic:

Posted Image

At the moment the angle of the top box is too slopey, this is due to the bend in the Alice pack frame - will be rectified tonight. Mortar tube and disc will also be attached too, then Bob's your uncle

The base boxes are tie-wrapped onto the frame so if I decide to switch frames it won't be a stretch to remove them.

Here is how the base boxes were fastened together. Balsa glued round the rim, then thin foam, filler, hot glue then paint!

Posted Image

More kudos to Steve for putting it all together

Feels very comfy at the minute, though what it'll be like after an hour long shift plus carring a T21 I don't know Weathering still in process of the armour - not even started the pack yet - going well but may not be finished for tonight....may post some "in progress" pics on the Weathering section though

Looking good! Yes, after a long troop, the pack can become a bit of a burden. My first troop was seven hours long without a break so I learned the hard way and just lived with it. It was okay because I was smiling the whole time in spite of all the pinching and pulling.

I bought black Timbuk2 strap pads made for messenger bags to ease the load on my shoulders a bit. They just velcro around the pack straps. So far they work very well and are hardly noticeable.

Cool,

I need to get my hands on some fullers earth to dirty my RT up, where did you get yours?

Si

Here's where I got mine: http://www.tk2441.co.uk/weathering/index.htm

Please note, NOT FINISHED!! But this is progress so far. Thumbs Up Lots more layers and fullers earth and general crustiness to apply yet Wink

As for if the pack gets heavy, apparently I can troop without it - cos the Sandys in the film didn't all have packs - as long as I do the initial first shift of a troop WITH the pack - but I'll see how it goes. I intend to try and be all hardocre and carry everything - probably to the detriment of my arms

So I had a go at making a "pack bag" to protect it in transit to Troops. I wanted to be able to wear it but have it concealed and padded, so I got a sheet of 1" foam and an authentic ESB quilt cover (sacrilige I hear you cry!), stitched the foam to the cover, folded it over and stitched it down the side and along the top. Then I cut an upper and lower slot into it where the pack straps are - so you simply slip the pack into the bag, undo the straps, poke them through the slits and fasten them again.

There is a bit of velcro to close the bottom and bring the foam around the base of the pabk, then you just sling it over your shoulder and off you go!

(Looking like the Hunchback of Notre Dam )

Posted Image

Posted Image

PMP!!! At first I laughed, but actually thats a really clever idea, I like it.

I was looking at a massive suitcase i saw at Makro the other day, that could fit a pack in, but then i looked at my car and then realised i'd be screwed

I need a bigger car