Mounting Keith's Mic Tips?

wannab

On all three of the helmets that I have (2 APs and one TM) the aerators or hovi mic tips don't sit flush. Just tighten the screw as tight as possible and you shouldn't have any problems. I've never had one come loose on me.

Mine don't have screws. Are you saying to screwinto the resin tips from inside the helmet, wouldn't that break the tips?

I was assuming some sort of glue method? Maybe push the dimpled area from behind (kind of thin there) so it meets the tips better?

Doug

That's what I did, flattened out the area around the hole a bit. It doesn't sit perfectly flush, but it still holds well. Just drill a small pilot hole in the back of the tip, screw in a screw, and cut off the head. I also added a bit of Devcon to keep the screw from turning.

Posted Image

I carefully removed the screen and drilled straight through. Then I inserted a 1 inch machine screw from the front side. After the screw was in I superglued the tip a small amount and replaced the screen. It looked great and it never came loose. I never worried about the screw head being visible in the mic tip.