Working on a new display for my desert stormtrooper blasters

These babies are getting close to being finished and I am tired of them sitting in a corner so I threw together a "rack" for them made from closetmaid railing as it was about the only thing strong enough to hold them up! Still have work to go, but my initial reaction is fairly positive. I would really like more custom hangers for them that actually cradle and hold each gun... maybe in times. Thoughts and suggestions, welcome.

BTW, for anyone who is REALLY picky and notices the fins on the MG-34 are a bit off... well they are meant to be. I tried to put them on in the same basic shape as the real deal but also noticed that the real deal is a bit sloppy and made mine to match.

Posted Image

Nice, very cool display. A quick way to make a "cradle" on each arm would be to cut down some PVC into half circles and paint it then bolt it to the metal arm. You could even use different sizes appropriate to the diameter of the parts that will rest there.

Thanks guys. I have wanted them mounted on the wall for a long time but have struggled with it due to the weight issue. However, this rack, while not the most aesthetically pleasing, is perfect for the heavy duty needs and I will hopefully be able to hang my E-11 there as well once it is done.

Hey Braks

That looks great!

I´m in the same boat as you´ve been with having all my BMFG`s stored away behind the door (Real MG15. real MG34, real MG42 and a hf LG)

You know my "blaster wall" and I plan to display the heavy blasters the same way. BIG PROBLEM: I ran out of space.

Could you please do me a favour and tell us how you managed to add/ secure the snooper scope, the SP and the enfield sniper scope to the MG15? I´ve collected all parts but haven´t figured out how to attach them.

Any information/ pics are highly appreciated.

Thanks, Markus

hey brak´s, that looks great!

i like the idea of hanging those BFG´s!

maybe you could mount a bigger poster glued onto a wooden board in front of the wall attachements and just let the metal arms come out of the poster...

does this make sense to you?