new pack

dirtydave

Thanks for the compliments.First off if it wasn't for Seth and mike and everyone who posted screen shots I would not have any pack,THANKS.I used truck door edge molding from pepboys for the filter.I cut the moulding on a angle and glued it to a container the same size as the wet ones container which was a little taller and cut down to size.Hopefully I'll finish the rest soon.

I thought that looked familiar, I am going to use some on my next build. Glad we helped, I think the spirit of that project really shined. A lot of people came together to make both physical parts and information available for the betterment of the hobby. Packs have gotten way better all around thanks to the people on this forum.

Thanks for the compliments.First off if it wasn't for Seth and mike and everyone who posted screen shots I would not have any pack,THANKS.I used truck door edge molding from pepboys for the filter.I cut the moulding on a angle and glued it to a container the same size as the wet ones container which was a little taller and cut down to size.Hopefully I'll finish the rest soon.

You did a great job! I tried doing the same thing with a similar rubber trim, but because it was wound into a circle in the bag, it was impossible to straighten out, not to mention glue it to a half-circle base like you did. I'll have to revisit this solution again because yours looks great!!

also... if you haven't done so yet, move the Tupperware container over, so it hangs off the edge more, that way the air filter is not falling off the other side. Should look more correct in that configuration.

Hey Mike,Thanks for the compliment.As for moving the stow n go over,In all the screen caps I have seen it looks like the stow n go is even with the edge of the main box.On Braks ref cd he has a behind the scenes picture of the pack streight on from the back and you can see the filter hangs off the side alot.I think the diameter of the filter I made is a little big so it hangs off a little more.Believe me I study that part of the pack alot.Thanks again.

Hey Mike,Thanks for the compliment.As for moving the stow n go over,In all the screen caps I have seen it looks like the stow n go is even with the edge of the main box.On Braks ref cd he has a behind the scenes picture of the pack streight on from the back and you can see the filter hangs off the side alot.I think the diameter of the filter I made is a little big so it hangs off a little more.Believe me I study that part of the pack alot.Thanks again.

I stand corrected.

What glue did you use???i just made one with the wet ones bottle,i cut the top and bottom out but i used rubber foam weatherseal 3/8 wide 3/16 thick 10' long.It looks identical to the one on the koyoboto figure pack.That it only cost like eight dollars to make.The strips are self stick so all you have to do is slap them on to the bottle.

Rob