Humbrol Paints or ...?

wannab

Since this seems to be the brand that was used on troopers can someone tell me if you can buy it in the US?

Also what were the color names?

Are there any PMS chart numbers that match the correct Humbrol colors?

Thanks,

Doug

• 4 weeks later...

Ok guys I ordered some (black, grey & blue).

The only reason I ordered black was they had a $10 minimum.

A question came to me about the black. Is there any special reason to use the Humbrol black, I mean does it have a special sheen or is it possible to have a different shade of black compared to say any modeling black?

I am a sign painter by trade so I use "One Shot" Lettering Enamels in my work (great flow and great coverage) I plan on matching the Humbrol colors to my lettering enamels and getting proper PMS Color chart numbers as well. I will post the results here for future reference.

Doug

i think humbrol were bought out by another modelling company, maybe hornby or something like it and the new company is gonna keep the paint lines open, at least i think they are. Humbrol being a British institution it would be a shame to see it go.

i think humbrol were bought out by another modelling company, maybe hornby or something like it and the new company is gonna keep the paint lines open, at least i think they are. Humbrol being a British institution it would be a shame to see it go.

Good thing i almost ran out to buy as much as i could carry lol

I read somewhere that Humbrol are back in business but I still cannot get hold of any black gloss. There are three shops in town that stock these paints and none have 21 Black Gloss but have all the other colours. I had to buy Revell black, but black is black....right?

Another colour you can use for the tube stripes is 14 French Blue. I have used it before and it looks great, especially on sandtrooper helmets like the ones that were found renently which didn't look to have 15 Midnight Blue. I suppose the art department just used whatever they had and didn't fuss as long as it was blue, or grey or black

Does anyone know if Revell was making these paints back in 1976 or Airfix for that matter?