Newbie question of the day

steve12201

I been looking at a lot of photos of you guys in your armor but can't remember seeing any shots of anyone sitting down. Is it possible to sit in your armor? If not, can it be modified during the construction process and still look close to film accurate?

Being able to get in and out of a car would also be nice since it would take time to suit up at every stop.

....anxiously waiting for my AP kit

Steve

When I had my FX armor, I could sit somewhat... but it was very uncomfortable. A lot of other guys in my Garrison with FX armor can also sit fine.

I've managed to drive wearing my TGuns armor, believe it or not. Terribly uncomfortable and not advisable.

I find that it's not so much the body armor parts that make it difficult, rather it's the shape of the leg armor that prevents you from bringing your legs up to a 90 degree angle.

I agree with Mike. The problem is mainly the thighs for me. Despite the large amount of black I have showing at the backs of my knees, when I sit with the legs on, I can't get my knees to bend to the 90 degree mark.

The other issue I've seen is that guys with FX sit and then find that they've creased their butt plate. Man, the last thing you want is to go through life with a creased butt plate!

Posted Image Here's a pic of me sitting. Like other's have said, it's amazingly difficult to sit down. I had to unsnap both of the thighs and rotate them outward so that the tops didn't dig into my hips and groin. I'm also not able to bend my left knee to a 90 degree angle, presumably because the thigh is too low. Hopefully my next suit will fit better.