bee stinger

teabo

I covered the top of the pitcher with some sheet styrene, just glued it on and cut/sanded it to fit. The stinger part you can glue onto the bottom of the pitcher with E6000, or CA glue. Someone found a nice stinger at Harbor Freight, it was some cheap funnel attachment. You could also used a short length of plastic tubing, like a toilet supply line for example.

TD-1536 posted a thread on making the tupperware beestinger. Here you go...http://www.mepd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1742. There is some other info there pertaining to the tupperware lids too .

I measured up 3-1/4" from the bottom of the pitcher and cut it off with a dremel. A 5" lid fits perfectly on the top portion of the beestinger. I taped off and painted the bottom of the pitcher and 5" lid with Krylon Fusion satin black spray paint. The blue pitcher I used matches Rustoleum American Accents Slate Blue paint perfectly so no painting was needed for the pitcher itself. I put a little E6000 around the rim of the lid to ensure that it wouldn't pop off. I drilled a 1/2" hole through the center of the bottom of the pitcher. I added TD-1536's vac formed piece to the bottom of the pitcher with some E6000. and ran a piece of 1/2" black washer hose through the hole and into the hole of the 5" pitcher lid. I left approximately 6" of hose stick out through the lid on both ends. Then I drilled a hole through the bottom of my SB box and reinforced it with left over plastic. I added a hose clamp to the inside of the box where the hose came through the SB box to hold the beestinger in place. I trimmed the hose on the exposed end to 4" and cut a notch out of it. Hope that makes sense and can help you out

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is a pic that shows the move along pack beestinger with what looks to be a notch in the tip of it.

Posted Image

I like the idea of using that faucet cover that was talked about not too long ago. I'm going to most likely do that on my pack, considering it's the only thing it lacks because I have yet to find the best solution.

The Tupperware thing is great, because you get it with the radar dish, but it can be a bit cumbersome, and as some suggested, it really might be a more oval shaped attached to an upside-down U shaped swivel.

And attach this...

http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores...catalogId=10101

• 3 weeks later...

Someone found a nice stinger at Harbor Freight, it was some cheap funnel attachment.

Cough

Harbor Freight #32157 Flexible-Spout

The part is easily trimmed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

/edit - I just saw Mike posted a web order link for this part above.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Ah but which is the right shape - a round one or the more oval one? No worries if they can't ship to the UK I'll get it posted to one of my American buddies then paypal him the postage to send it here.

Any volunteers? Ahem.........