Spacepack acceptable for deployment?

Jediexecutioner

If you make it out of a bathroom plungers, painted cardboard boxes, frisbees, and bits of old lunchboxes, you are still as good to go for deployment as someone that applies with an actual screen used backpack (yeah right!!).

Just as long as it sits on your back, and has a greeblish look to it..... well actually:

styled after the ANH sandtrooper packs. They are comprised of two main boxes, that are the approximate width of the backplate. The boxes are adorned with various smaller boxes, and canisters.

Though yeah, something that looks kind of like screen used is kind of a source of pride for most members and potential members of this detachment.

That said, it looks like a fairly nice backpack to me. No not, screen accurate, but your average fan isn't going to notice, and would probably even like it better than a screen used one.

One point though. The one with the guy running with the two royal guards, that looks like it's made of two boxes. The one at the con, facing the fan force table, does not look like it's made of two main boxes. It might just be the camera angle though!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Edit, blah, it chooped off my first line:

I'm sure some Detachment command will chime in with a definitive soon, but AFAIK you just have to HAVE a backpack, in the style of an ANH backpack.

**** yes. ive done a TON of mods to it, and im not nearly done.

someone else in my garrison modded there pack into a wetbar, with the poster tube being a cup dispencer, and a drink dispencer in the bottom

Yes, spacepacks are acceptable. As an aside, cardboard wouldn't be, this isn't Halloween.

The guideline is purposely ambiguous to allow for the wide world of packs. Think "screen similar". It should be easy though, if you or someone in the know looks at your backpack and thinks "sandtrooper backpack" then you probably did a good job. If you think "rubbermaid bin & gatorade bottles" then you should give it another try.

Point being that you should try to have it look good, as opposed to just throwing some crap together because you found it in your trash bin and you were in a rush.

• 1 year later...

I know it's an old thread but I'm working on a spacepack myself.

td7603, could you possible post info/pics of what mods you've done to your pack. Or if anyone else has one that they want to show off, go ahead too.

Thanks

After looking at td7603's profile, it doesnt seem like he's been around in awhile, at least not posting, so I may be out of luck.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry. im not here a lot.

been in many battles, several i think...

where did you get one. I heard Ward was gonna make a V2 but never did and stopped selling them altogether.

lets see. heres all the pics i have. the only mods ive done are some lights and wires. and some paint differences.

EDIT: this is not me as the taller TD. thats by recruitbuddy 7604!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have 1 for sale unassembled - its missing the shoulder straps and one small unimportant piece - instruction manual and decals included.

Make offers (US sale only, via PayPal) -

Thanks,

JIM