I scored a real MG-34 bipod!

As the thread title says... I scored a real MG-34 bipod. I plan to make castings of it and sell them for reasonable prices, as I believe this is the toughest part to acurately replicate for us scratch builder guys!

This doesn't look like a very easy part to make a mold around, I'll have to study it and determine the best orientation to use... stay tuned.

p.s.

Clutch, when I get to that point I'll send you a casting of it so you can get a feel for the results of how maybe yours may turn out!

Cool Tony! However, I can pretty much tell by your photos that you are cranking out some good stuff! Let's get this party started!

I would be interested to see how mine compares to yours. The legs are basically hollow tubes, so I just figured fill them with clay and smooth it out. Here's some educational , mg-34 bipod pics I put together for the rest of you guys:

http://www.heycomputer.com/mg34/bipod.html

i managed to get hold of one as well. seems to be the week for selling bipods on the bay. going to try to do the same as you Tony so i'll stay tuned to find out the best way to do it.

i feel a bit lazy just buying one instead of fabricating it but i found whatever i ended up with just looked naff and spoiled the overall costume for me. maybe no-one would have noticed my crap scratch built bipod but i would have known.

thanks Boingo for the pictures and info by the way

thanks Boingo for the pictures and info by the way

No problem. I hope they helped.

I had intended to send you some measurements, but I have been very slow at taking them. The bipod is a lot more complicated than I thought. For example, each leg is actually made up of eight different pieces.

Hopefully, I will get around to making up those measured drawings of it and all of its components, and getting them up on the net some time soon.