question about helmet lenses

tk-d

I like to use a solid sheet of green acetate to be movie accurate and double it up to make it darker if you cant find the dark green stuff.Though the thicker seperate poly lenses are nice also,i guess its just depends on personal taste.its very easy to find the materials to make your own and most cases very cheap to buy to.if you go with the thicker polycarbonite lenses.you will have to use a heat gun to get them to fit rite,which sometimes can be frustrating to say the least.i have found that your typical automotive parts stores carry smoke and green face shields most of the time,or check ebay for any deals..the polycarbonite shields will have to be cut using a dremil tool,but the thick acetate you can use scissors on..make sure you know what type of plastic you are getting,i prefer the acetate for ease of cutting..

I like to use a solid sheet of green acetate to be movie accurate and double it up to make it darker if you cant find the dark green stuff.Though the thicker seperate poly lenses are nice also,i guess its just depends on personal taste.its very easy to find the materials to make your own and most cases very cheap to buy to.if you go with the thicker polycarbonite lenses.you will have to use a heat gun to get them to fit rite,which sometimes can be frustrating to say the least.i have found that your typical automotive parts stores carry smoke and green face shields most of the time,or check ebay for any deals..the polycarbonite shields will have to be cut using a dremil tool,but the thick acetate you can use scissors on..make sure you know what type of plastic you are getting,i prefer the acetate for ease of cutting..

I also did the same thing to my TE

I tried the sheet that came with the AP helmet but found it to be a bit thin. I then purchased a sheet of Green PVC .010 at a local hobby shop. It is thicker and if you do three layers it is impossible for anyone to see your eyes and the lenses look great. I actually tried four layers but then you can't see out of your own bucket.

Posted Image