Main Boxes

The Dirty Trooper

go to the MH construction tips at the top of this forum. i think its generally attach all the bits to the top halves, attach bottom halves to frame, glue both parts together. voila.

having said that you could hinge the boxes to make them functional.

good luck, i'm still struggling with finding the time to get all the bits and bobs together.

go to the MH construction tips at the top of this forum. i think its generally attach all the bits to the top halves, attach bottom halves to frame, glue both parts together. voila.

having said that you could hinge the boxes to make them functional.

good luck, i'm still struggling with finding the time to get all the bits and bobs together.

Yes and yes.

My only remaining advice would be to perhaps add some hot glue into the inner lip, to give you more 'mass' to attach to, but don't rely on this entirely. I cut thin, long plastic strips and glued them into the inside lips. This gave the boxes something to hold on to cleanly, rather than gooping a ton of glue on the thin edge and being seen externally.

Marc, I included a tube of Devcon plastic welder with your parts. Use that to glue the boxes together. but be quick, as it sets fast.

If you do not want to permanently attach the boxes or hinge them, you can also use 6 decent sized zip ties. Attach the bottom sides securely to the frame and then use two ties through the tops and bottoms at the middle and two ties on each the upper and lower edges.

I used strips of plastic left over from trimming my boxes. I glued four strips to the inside of each lower half, and then used industrial velcro to attach the upper halves. It was a little tricky getting them together, but it worked and I can get them apart if I need to.

• 4 months later...