VADER PROJECT 2006

td2878

Hi all I just had to share with yuo a project ive been working on for the last month or so....... standing at 6ft 7 inches......

pics are a little bad due to lighting but you get the jist, I put this all together including mannequinn for less than 1000 dollars, what do you think...ill post more pics soon, its about 85% complete. all the buttons light up and even the saber has special effects(de bladed fx with all the electronics in tact). I still have the inner robe to do.

Posted Image

Posted Image

yeah there is no way im spending 3-5 grand on a vader once i get better lighted pictures you 'll see my vader is pretty accurate for 1000 bucks!! Once ive fiished it, its only 80 -85% complete right now. Id love to compare to a 5 grand vader once done i guarantee theer wont be much difference.

Your vader is Great for a 1000 bucks but if put up next to an accurate vader the differences are as plan as a TE next to an FX suit. I'm not knocking you or anything but i have spent alot of time on vader. Talking with people and dealing with people who are the best in the biz.

Here is a shot of Gino's ESB that i am sure is worth way more then 5grand

Posted Image

oh no offence taken...i dont think the difference is as great as fx and TE no way but maybe RT and TE even then only hardcore vader makers will really seee the differences ...in my humble opinion. Ill post pics when its completed and you can be the judge!! thanks for the comments though I see this as a startingpoint I guess it can only get better maybe along 3 years my budget will also of crept up but how does it get sooo expensive 5 grand is a lot!! by the way that gino chest box is the nuts!!!!

Yeah, people in the know will know, but probably no one else. Considering that most Vaders seem to start at $2500 and go to $4000+, the fact that you can do good one for the cost of a TK is quite impressive, IMHO.

I guess if you were the prime Vader in your garrison & it was your primary costume it might be an issue, but if you're a backup Vader I think it's fantastic.

I've *love* to be able to do a Vader, but at 6' I'm just way too short. :(

Yeah, people in the know will know, but probably no one else. Considering that most Vaders seem to start at $2500 and go to $4000+, the fact that you can do good one for the cost of a TK is quite impressive, IMHO.

I guess if you were the prime Vader in your garrison & it was your primary costume it might be an issue, but if you're a backup Vader I think it's fantastic.

I've *love* to be able to do a Vader, but at 6' I'm just way too short. :(

-

thats what shoe lifts are for

Yeah, but then I'm only as tall as tall TK's like you. Perhaps good enough for a backup Vader, but with four already in our garrison, probably would never get to wear the costume...

We have around four Vaders in our group, too. Only one of them IMHO is 'right' for Vader, yet he only stands at about 6'2.

If I was 6'5 and had a big chest, you're darn right I'd be sporting a Vader costume!

At 6-3, I could definitely pull off Vader....probably better in the height department that for a trooper...BUT I wanna troop, and I thought a TD would get more opportunities to troop than a Vader. I think it'd be great as a second costume. Maybe one day.

We have around four Vaders in our group, too. Only one of them IMHO is 'right' for Vader, yet he only stands at about 6'2.

If I was 6'5 and had a big chest, you're darn right I'd be sporting a Vader costume!

I stand 5'11 and 145 pounds my last vader costume i stood 6'5 and with a foam muscle suit i made at the time. I filled out the costume well i think

Posted Image

hope i'm not hijacking

Looks great...I think you meant "muscle suit" not "musical suit", though a musical suit would be pretty cool.

I'm sorry i was reading music while i was typing LMAO

lets see a frontal shot?

I'll have to look on my comp i deleted almost all of the shots of that suit since i sold it, that was a shot i still had in my photobucket

found 2

Posted Image

Posted Image

As requested here are some pics of my modified Rubies Supreme Helmet & other items from my otherthread ..let me know what you think, iv also had the shins and chest armor repainted at an auto paint shop.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

belt is a self made belt use various parts, no rubies vinyl here!!

chest box has been repainted and also heavily modified, all lights are functional with correct sequence.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Whos the seller the look a lot like russes Coin slots, the only ones i was i able to find are these cheap ones i put on my box

Posted Image

My belt has been upgraded with a more accurate buckle

Posted Image

the look i am aiming for still needs a few tweeks

Posted Image

If i am right it looks like your vader chest box has the ROTJ lettering on it?

And your helmet is flat black like the ROTS vader instead of 2 tone Black and gunmetal like all the OT vaders.

what type of vader are you going for ROTS, ANH, ESB or ROTJ ?

not really any specific vader, i got the vader stuff for my movie room...to me vader is vader, not really too bothered if its exactly accurate to any specific movie as long hes an accurate vader in the general sense! your stuff looks sweet by the way...