Need Help - Shoulder strap spacing

TK-459

S'looking good. i would bring the back up just a touch. Are you putting the elastic/webbing on the inside? if you are you can glue the strapping to the back piece then put in a number of snap poppers to attach to the front to allow for adjustments (male popper on inside of chest, row of females on strapping.) i did this then used a strip of thin styrene to cover the gap on the top.

I agree with Mike.You'll need to get the lower half of the armour sorted first then whatever gap your left with at the top is your distance Get the lower half comfortable first and then you'll see how much over lap you have for your chest plate and your back plate just sit's on top of the kidney plate.Measure the distance between the chest and back and I would make your elastic longer,with snaps like TK-4935 suggest's allowing more adjustment.The shoulder straps are the only real place where most adjustment can be made on your armour.

-Paul.

The canvas straps on mine snap to the back plate and are velcroed to the inside of the chest plate. That way, there is plenty of room for adjustment if needed. And the armor weighs next to nothing, so the velcro will hold forever. I also have two vertical strips of elastic with velcro on the ends that pull the back plate down to the kidney plate to eliminate any gap. I just reach back there, fish the straps out from under the kidney plate, pull them up and attach them to the back plate.