Thigh Armor

hhuggins

Hey Guys,

I'm not a particularly huge guy - 5'10", 185, but I'm having a tough time getting my thigh armor to fit properly. It seems that if I want to be able to really bend my knee, the armor needs to be higher up on my thigh, but in order to do that I'll have to trim a fair amount, especially from the rear as it's really cutting into my back side. Did a lot of you guys have to do this?

HH

I've disdained cutting the thighs myself. Yes I have less mobility and can't sit down, but personally I like the look of less black showing in the backs. I guess it's a tradeoff & each person needs to decide which is best for themselves.

It's the eternal compromise, cutting off as little as possible but still be able to move. I actually ended up cutting about 3/4 of an inch from the top so the thigh moved up enough for me to bend my leg. I wanted to avoid big cut outs at the back of my knee that take away from the detailed edges. I'm short though at 5'6" so I had to do something

Harley don't forget to make the thighs fit, the AP armor has big thighs and you want them to be pretty snug. Just check the screen shots and test fit them a lot and you'll be good.