Field Pack Colour

The Dirty Trooper

Marc,

I'm including the gray bottles primed and painted ready to go with your kit. You can use that as your primary swatch to compare. I'd throw in a can of the spray paint, but I'm really weary of sending it over-seas. The Post Offices over here always ask if you're shipping anything potentially hazardous, and well, canned compressed paint is dangerous to the bumbling mail carrier.

I'm also having the same problem here in Blighty. i've used a grey primer to start with but finding a slate grey is proving rather difficult not least because i'm colour blind with certain tones. Laughable really seeing as i wanted to be a printers apprentice when i was younger. i found it a bit strange that after being wittled down to the last five from two hundred the last test they did was for colour blindness. still, waddya gonna do?

i could just read the labels on the tins but that would be too easy

If any brit dirties have an idea let me know.

cheers

I dont think that i will youse spray paint on mt MH/SB back pack.

I will youse the same paint, that i hand painted my helmet whit.

I sticks much better on the pvc plastic then spray paint, i think.

And i got a shop here in cph, where they got all colours.

tried everywhere here in calgary, canada for the country blue apart from walmart, the only skus they carry here(@canadian tire & home depot) are sku 1925 and 1926 close to that color as in blue but not the right shade...i was getting so frustrated,,,,hopefully i have better luck at walmart 2moro.

I know this has been asked before but what type of krylon fusion do you guys use to say paint the mortar tube, i bought textured flat black, I think I bought the wrong one can someone let me know what they use and do you prime before using the fusion or the country blue??

cheers

TD2878

...what type of krylon fusion do you guys use to say paint the mortar tube...

TD2878

Either satin or flat black. I've used the gloss when it's all I had around, and once you put a dull coat on it, it works fine. But it's one extra step.

man went searching around the stores again no sku 1924's anywhere, i think ill have to improvise to get a colour match as cloase as possible.....td8828 what color did you use on your pack???

That settles it then.

For every set of pans that I ship, they're getting trimmed and painted first.

Breaks my heart that you guys in Canada and abroad can't get a comparable color.

man went searching around the stores again no sku 1924's anywhere, i think ill have to improvise to get a colour match as cloase as possible.....td8828 what color did you use on your pack???

That settles it then.

For every set of pans that I ship, they're getting trimmed and painted first.

Breaks my heart that you guys in Canada and abroad can't get a comparable color.

• 3 weeks later...