mark cheng boots

teabo

There are I suspect at least two versions of Mark Cheng boots. I bought a pair back in 2001 and even have a letter signed by him as a coupon for my next order. Pix are here:

http://www.hoeffer.com/forsale/bootsole.jpg

http://www.hoeffer.com/forsale/bootside.jpg

Currently there is a vendor on Ebay that is selling "Cheng" boots who goes by swingman-24. I pinged him and he told me that he & Mark were partners, and Mark left the business so it's just him now. However if you look at the pictures of the boots he is offering the sides and soles are different than what I have. I asked him why this was so, and at first he denied that any changes were made. When I posted the pix to him I got no response.

So there is more to this story that meets the eye. I bought a pair anyway (what choice do we really have) and will reply tomorrow with how they stack up against the originals.

That would be helpful to know, as the pair I got in today not only look different, but fit different. The pair I got back in '01 are 11 and fit perfectly. These are supposed to be 11, but are about 1/2 size too big.

Please feel free to PM me if needed.

I've got a pair of his latest boots and they are WIDE. I'd get at least a half size lower than what you normally wear.

Perhaps the boots have grown along with FX armor thighs

And, I'd say a little long too. Unfortunately the new guy isn't offering half sizes. :(

Yeah... I got the old mark cheng boots as well, back in 2001.

I got a new set of mark cheng boots in 2006, and they was NOT cool at all.

Too small and wide.

And in the mean time ive have sold my brand new caboots.

So today i only got my old and super cool mark cheng boots to troop in for my TD armor, the best ive seen.

I need one set for my TK as well asap.

I looked at swingman's boots when I was in the market, and just thought they didn't look quite right. First of all, the leather just looks dirty. I know I'm gonna "dirty" them up for my TD, but what about if you're a TK. They appear to have no gloss on them at all. I emailed the guy a couple of times for details, and he answered promptly, but something still didn't seem quite right, so I went with caboots instead.

After reading Cheng's post on the RPF, it makes complete sense.

Hmmm..... I bought a pair of these boots a few months ago, ordered them in my size (same as my CAboots) and they were too small even though they had my size listed on them. Swingman24 PROMPTLY replaced them and they fit just fine now. I am happy with the quality and finish of these boots and use them for my "Cleanie" armor.

A merchant is only as good as his supplier, and mass produced articles made in "turd whirled" countries will have a few defects here and there, or there and here... the price was right, and I had an overall good transaction with Swingman24!