Butt join strips

Hello troopers! I'm currently building a moncal set of armor and am about to start on the thighs and calves and am shooting for PO shortly after reactivation. My question is...

Should the cover strips run the full length of the thigh from top to bottom or should they stop short of the raised bottom edge of the thigh? Thanks in advance for your help and guidance 

Thanks for your help! I've been looking at all kinds of reference and have seen that the cover strips go all the way to the bottom in some but not in others. I know they go all the way up for sure! Does it vary by specific trooper by chance? Or possibly by the armor maker? I know On some kits the area is raised around the bottom of the thigh.. like a detail lip and the center strip on my set is actually flush down the middle and all the way to the bottom.  Does that make sense? My cover strip lay flush and not hit a stopping point at the lower raised lip. I'm just not sure if I should take that cover strip all the way down or stop at would would be the raised lip... I know On the right thigh it doesn't really matter because of the ammo belt covering the area but on the left... I'm just not sure Screenshot_20240205_082147_Chrome.thumb.jpg.06604ab61fa8c8fe468444b9b0d4fdeb.jpg

Awesome!! Thank you Bigwam. Oh, that's  not mibe. Its actually from a SWAT submission thread for a roadblock captain v2 which doesn't have it on the left knee. It just happened to be a quick access image to show the thigh strip not going all the way.  I wasn't sure if it should if it wasn't character specific but I really appreciate your input!!