Keeping pauldron down

What is a good way to keep the pauldron conforming to the body a bit better?  I keep having the problem of mine flattening out around my neck and pushing my helmet up. I was thinking of possibly adding a snap on the armor, but wanted to see if anyone else had run into this issue first.

It's the collar portion, around the neck. The elastic keeps the shoulder portion properly situated, and it's also a 3 panel /stitched version vs a single piece one, so that helps keep it shaped. Even though the shoulder portion maintains a good shape & position, the collar just wants to flatten out/come up under/around my throat. With the MP40 pouch in place, the front is down, but the rear kicks up and pushes against the rear edge of my helmet.

I'd like to get it sorted, and not just remove it all together. I'm guessing that the TD was once a TK (I'm the 2nd owner), as evidenced by the glue remnants on the front of the chest plate, where the shoulder straps would've attached. I've removed as much of it as possible, but I've reached the point where I could damage the plastic/remove quite a bit of the weathering if I go any farther. The pauldron & pouch hide these spots quite well, so I'd like to solve the "flat collar" issue and move on.

I have a bunch of hardware in my right shoulder - titanium plate & 7 screws - and the recent change in weather has made it extremely painful to fully move/rotate my arm, so it will be a little while before I can put on any of the parts to get a pic of what's going on with the pauldron.

Is the collar portion made of leather or plastic?

For leather I would say: wet it, place it over a mold and press down until it is dry again.
For plastic: Make it warm and then place it on a mold and press it down until it cools down.
Could it also be that it is too tight around the neck and therefore folds up?