Aren't you a little tall for a Stormtrooper?

HK-888

Well, I did it.

I bought a set of armor from Shepperton, and am very pleased with my initial test fitting.

I figured I was going to have to mod a few peices as I'm 6'6".

I think I should start by separating the ab-plate and "cod-peice" to give my self some manuevering room as well as raising the ab plate about 2 inches. Right now, If I stand up straight there is a gap between the chest and ab plate. On the back plate, there is about a 2 inch gap.

If I wear my friends FX Chest and Back plate, there is no gap...so maybe I should buy a set of those?

I'm thinking maybe some white elastic/spandex or pleather to "fill-in" some of the gaps?

Here are some pics from my first test fitting

Posted Image

Posted Image

These two illustrates the gap issue well:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have to pad the forearm amor as well to hold it in place better and reduce the "black" on the elbow. I can also get a longer strap to lower the bicep armor a bit.

I wan't to get my armor to fit and wear right before I weather it. I realize my height makes a perfect fit impossible (without armor made for the tall troopers). Any tips you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Especially how to pad/strap the helmet so its comfortable and doesn't wobble!

Thanks!

HK-888

hey dude, you should check the recent strapping thread. you could maybe restrap everything to fit better. ideally the chest and back piece could be lowered by attaching longer pieces of webbing to the inside thus eliminating the shoulder straps currently in use ( you may end up with more black showing round the neck ).

check it out anyway

A strap under the chest/ab would help the gap a bit, and as BTR said, try changing the straps on the shoulder so it rides a bit lower. Mike has a nice method for attaching the shoulder pouch somewhere on his website www.tk1536.com , I have mine attached to a strap on my pack, and it clips to my pack strap & hangs over the front of my shoulder. Some troops also attach it directly to the pack strap. Looking good! I wouldn't worry about the back gap too much, most ANH style armors have at least a small gap there, and your pack will cover it for the most part.

hey dude, you should check the recent strapping thread. ( you may end up with more black showing round the neck ).

check it out anyway

More black around the neck shouldn't be a problem with a Sandy

The Pauldron will help conceal it

I have some similar probs and I'm just 6-3, but most of my probs are at the joints since I'm still in an FX suit. It's good to see what more accurate armor would be like on a tall person.

If you choose to seperate the cod piece from the ab plate, you can leave a gap and the belt will cover it. It's a little tricky, but will work, and will allow you to raise the ab plate by a few inches. The same could be done in the back.

Iam from europe, dont know inch ex.

We do cm.

Iam 182 cm, ill dont know what that is.

About 6" or what.

182 cm is 71.6535433 inches

71.6535433 inches is 5.97112861 feet

Thanks, then ill can say iam about 6" feet tall.

Ill saw some on rpf, they talk about trooper accurate high was 183 cm (**** only 1 cm left ).

Ill think the troops we see in anh is about 175 cm to 185 cm (or somthing).