Howdy!

bad aim

Hey folks! Brian here from Houston, Texas. I'm still in school now and I have been entralled in the world of Star Wars...ever since I received MR's E11 Blastech as a birthday present. I'm quite interested in this forum because the community here is unmatched by any other forums I have visited. Friendly, open, and not afraid to help a "n00b" get their gear together.

Quick tale on how I became interested in costuming...

One day, I was sitting in my room, staring at MR's gun then "Eureka!" hit. "Why don't I purchase a suit of armor to go with it?"

Hey! Sounded like a great idea, right?

Let's see what a quick Ebay and Google will find me...

Cheapest "suit"...$600...

...all the way to nearly $2000!!!

Oh boy...this is going to get nasty. Now, I'm looking at the armor from Gotarmor.com (the ANH one) and I believe it is selling for $600 including the helmet. I read somewhere that the kit in particular is made by AP, a *pretty* accurate brand, right (compared to FX)? Hate to be a cheap-stake, but I just can't afford to spend nearly $1000 on a TE or SDS suit.

Question is, is the AP helmet *accurate* to the ones used in ANH? If not, where can I find a helmet that is considerably low-priced (less than $250) that is fairly accurate?

So now I have the suit in mind, I'm thinking on what to represent. A Stormtrooper? But there are thousands of them already A Snowtrooper? Nah. Scout? I always thought those were TKs in training

So what will it be?

I want to stand out a bit at conventions and parties from the other sqeaky TKs and suddenly, I was Googling and searching every single source I can find with info regarding Sandtroopers. Those bad boys look hardcore!

Thing is, it may be a while before I get my suit together and even more time before I can save up the money to purchase my own suit.

However, I have dreams on joining the elite 501st and the MEPD.

Thanks for reading,

Brian

Welcome! If you're looking for the hardcore of the hardcore, look no further.

Ready for your head to explode from information overload?

Hit up this web site: http://www.tk1536.com

But to get to the point, when all is said and done, you're going to spend over $1000 no matter how you slice it. All this stuff, especially on a Sandtrooper adds up.

The AP helemt is fine for the cost. You're not going to find a more accurate one less than $250. Impossible.

Welcome to the boards! We'll be glad to help you on your armor journey, but as Mike said, expect to hit $1000 regardless. Take it easy, take it all in. It was a year from the time I first decided to get armor until I actually got a set, so fear not, it will happen.

Welcome.

Things definetely get a bit pricey, but you also learn a TON while taking up this project. I have learned so much about crafting and such that I pretty much feel like I can make anything now. It's very rewarding and you meet a ton of nice and similarly interested people.

Good luck and start saving. Take this time to read everything and get familiar with things. There came a point when I decided I'd rather have one full-sized action figure (myself) than a bunch of little ones .

Hmm...we humans don't really need a roof over our heads, heat, water, and food, do we?

you won´t get wet in a sandtrooper armor... at least were the plastic parts are...

welcome here, you´ll find tons of information right here in the forum.

if you need more reference sites on suit building just let me know...

but i would definatly call mike´s site the best around!

Welcome Brian,

The troopers here truely are experts in all things Sandtrooper. I'd also suggest heading over to www.stargarrison.com. Star Garrison would be the "local" 501st garrison that you'd fall into. We have a few sandies over there including myself. I also live in the Houston area, Baytown to be exact, so if you ever need any help with assembly when you get your armor don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for the replies!

Chuck, I'm quite excited to find out that you only live about 40 minutes away from me! (I live all the way out in Missouri City). Reason why I say Houston is because no one would know where the heck Mo-city is

Once again, many thanks to all you guys for the great info!