hovi mic tips

runJEDIrun

Can anyone post pictures of how they installed their hovi mic tips? or just an up close shot? i was told to hot glue a bolt to the back of them and use a nut on the inside to hold it in place, but i can't seem to get the bolt to stay to the mic tip very well

The tips I have are attached to a small block of wood which is held to the mask by a wood screw (be sure to use a washer to avoid the screw pulling through your mask accidentally).

Posted Image

If you pre-drill and thread the hole you can push the screw through the hole in your mask and then twist the mic tip--with the block inside it--onto the screw. Voila!

TIPS:

• Remember to black out one end of the block with a marker so the wood can't be seen through the tip's screen.

If the block is a little loose inside the mic tip you can use some electical tape to snug the fit. You want it to be a really tight fit.

If you can't find any spare wood cut a piece from your girlfriend/wife's favorite piece of furniture; she'll understand.

I hope this helps. I'm sure there are other methods you could use as well.

I had some Hovi tips with just flat plastic backs. I got a couple threaded posts (basically a threaded screw shaft with no head) and some nuts to fit them, then drilled slightly smaller holes in the center of the Hovi backs and screwed the posts into them. Very solid. You can even add a bit of glue to the post before you twist it into the tip if desired. Then just install them on the helmet like normal with the nuts on the inside.

I don't recall the exact size of the threaded posts, just go to a hardware store and you'll find something suitable.

-Todd

I got the hollow ones that Keith sells.

I glued them to the metal washers that come with the sink aerators you usually get with the FX kits

Then put a screw through the washer, then through a small hole in the bucket.

add a nut to the back, & there you go