Round Patch Design Contest

SethB6025

No, we're not replacing the official logo or anything, but I wanted to come up with an alternate 3" round patch for the MEPD. The only requirements would be that it has "MEPD" written on it (can be spelled out or abbreviated, english or "basic" ), and uses a color scheme similar to our official badge-shaped logo. Submissions will be accepted through Sept. 10th, then a week-long poll will be set up to choose a winner. Submissions can be posted in this thread, or emailed to me (razor6025@yahoo.com). Winner will receive two free patches & a "droid ring". Rock on y'all!

If you have a concept, and are photoshop impaired, feel free to sketch something with markers or colored pencils or something and scan it. A finished image that needs no work is great, but there is no reason to exclude someone b/c they don't have photoshop.

I tried to work up some designs a few months ago, for an OLG Sandtroopers squad, but was not successful (to my standards). As much as I'd like to work up something for this, I'm going to have to pass.

Hey Rob, what did you put together?

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a few designs I worked up. All of the elements are interchangeable, so if anyone has any requests in regards to reproportioning elements or mixing existing parts up, let me know and I'll see about producing variants.

-Tom

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I like Freak's second one... the "crossed rifles" are the INFANTRY SYMBOL!!

That one does it for me...

The crossed rifles indicate to us that the soldier is a SAA (SKILL AT ARMS) instructor (rifle, MG, pistol, claymore, LAW, Mortor ect:ect: as I am in my regiment.

Posted Image

We had talked about making a weapons proficiency patch a while back and I had said that I would give it a go, but life sorta gets in the way and I haven't really made too much progress. Like Marc said, this one says weapons proficiency all the way for me. Maybe we could take that design and use it for a weapons proficiency patch... Otherwise I think these patches have all been great!

Weapons proficiency is all well and good, but in this case I wouldn't go for that, BECAUSE a patch denoting "proficiency" should MEAN something, other than just buying the patch online and adding it to one's collection for various forms of display. So do we open a firing range somewhere to qualify on "blasters"? I was an Army qualified expert with Rifles, Pistols, Machine Guns, Grenades, etc, but I EARNED those in a very real sense, see what I mean?

Weapons proficiency is all well and good, but in this case I wouldn't go for that, BECAUSE a patch denoting "proficiency" should MEAN something, other than just buying the patch online and adding it to one's collection for various forms of display. So do we open a firing range somewhere to qualify on "blasters"? I was an Army qualified expert with Rifles, Pistols, Machine Guns, Grenades, etc, but I EARNED those in a very real sense, see what I mean?

I understand what you are saying Tony. This was just something that I had been working on from some ideas that were tossed around from a previous thread.