My R-T

td2878

Its still a great helmet you got there TD2878.

But yes a AP will definitely be a nice upgrade.

Iam really HAPPY!!! for mine, and ill hope you will be too.

Looking forward to see some pictures from you again trooper.

Have a nice day.

my most previous helmet was an RT and it was great for the better half of this last year. I only trooped a few times in the FX helmet before i upgraded to RT. And believe me, if you liked the RT (which i did) you are really going to like the AP.

Great helmet!

My head is huuuuge!!

I can get my head into my AP, and we tilted the face down a little to raise the brow.Had to cut a hole big enough to put my head in, and I have to put it on sideways, but it fits fine. Just not enough room to put everything under the sun in it.

So it would appear I am a step behind. I just rec'd my RT to replace my FX. I have a rather big noggin so was concerned with the AP, TE, etc...

Chris,

Could you fit everything you wanted into your RT including your head? I am worried about getting a different helmet because I am a part of the "Big Noggin Detachment" as well. I wear a 7 3/4 inch new era hat. No problem with the FX but want to get a little more accurate. Do you think a RT will work for me? Thanks, bro

Hey Rob,

Just rec'd the kit so have not put it together just yet. This one will definately have to go on sideways from what little I have messed with it. Hopefully will be able to get it done by weekend depending on how Gen Con goes.

i dont have a big head and i have to put the rt on sideways, just like han in anh i think thats the way they are supposed to be put on, i have mounted fans in the above helmet and it fits great ill post a pic when i get home later tonight to show you the insides!

I have to concur with my big-noggin brothers. I'm a little worried about fitting my head into AP, though I'm willing to give it a try. I also wear glasses, so there's a double-whammy.

-Tom

Tom me too, big noggin, glasses and all. Td4549 seems to think the RT would work.

i dont have a big head and i have to put the rt on sideways, just like han in anh i think thats the way they are supposed to be put on, i have mounted fans in the above helmet and it fits great ill post a pic when i get home later tonight to show you the insides!

How much price differenct between an AP and RT? And size difference? RT is bigger?

OK, GenCon was a blast, will post pics in the Tour area. The RT is together enough to mess with size. My noggin is 24in(circum) right above my eyes. I can get in and out of the bucket w/o any more trimming. With my glasses(lenses are 2in wide x 1 in high) on I can get the helmet on but my glasses will be right against the lens. I shall try and get some photos. I will be lucky to get my incoming Rom + batteries in the thing.

More to come

The RT is together enough to mess with size. My noggin is 24in(circum) right above my eyes. I can get in and out of the bucket w/o any more trimming. With my glasses(lenses are 2in wide x 1 in high) on I can get the helmet on but my glasses will be right against the lens.

Hey Chris, I have almost the exact same measurements and I'm still trying to decide if the RT might work for me too. What sort of liner/padding did you use? Is it possible to push your head back far enough to get your glasses off of the lenses?

I've seen pics of one helmet where a guy actually mounted an old pair of glasses directly to the green lenses. I suppose any of us in glasses could always go that route. There's a site called 39dollarglasses.com where I might purchase a pair just to install in the helmet. Anyone out there ever try that?

-Tom

Good Eve,

Yes, if the helmet rides forward a bit the glasses aren't a problem. As far as padding I am looking into some they use in reprods of medievil helmets. Post a link as soon as I remember where I left it.