ANH movie strapping revealed- please enjoy.

trooperexpert

Just because it might be how the armor and backpacks were done doesn't mean you have to do yours that way, and quite frankly, i think the way suites and packs are assembled now are 100 times better than the originals.

I agree with Phil. I appreciate hearing about ANY alternative way of doing things. It just adds to the list of possibilities. I know everyone would love to know exactly how it was originally done, but I doubt anyone would truly want to do theirs that way. There's a big difference between being on set with a full crew of dressers for a few short shots, and being out there trooping for the day with very little support.

I'm willing to accept Matt's statements as the truth for the suits he saw. He didn't say ALL of the suits were made that way. It would seem that the suits, much like the packs, were scumbled together quick and dirty and any number of methods were employed to just get it done. That's what life is like on set. You get slammed for time and hand a pile of plastic to a guy with a short explanation, and you just pray what he assembles is wearable for five or ten minutes on camera. That's just how it goes. Assmbly methods probably varied greatly, with the worst jobs ending up in the dumpster.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, it gets old after a while when folks keep asking me"How do I do this... what did you use... I want mine to look like that."

Mike,

I do appreciate when you do answer my questions. I have asked a lot and you have answered them all. Thanks, buddy. Sorry to be a bother.

Honestly, it gets old after a while when folks keep asking me"How do I do this... what did you use... I want mine to look like that."

Mike,

I do appreciate when you do answer my questions. I have asked a lot and you have answered them all. Thanks, buddy. Sorry to be a bother.

not a bother at all. Like I said, I love to help others. Some days I'm just more grumpy than others I suppose.

A bunch of replies were removed from this thread for being either baiting, insulting, argumentative, or directly related to a reply that was. Some of you will be hearing from me personally. Personal attacks must stop. Period. When I say play nice, I mean it. Carry on.

A bunch of replies were removed from this thread for being either baiting, insulting, argumentative, or directly related to a reply that was. Some of you will be hearing from me personally. Personal attacks must stop. Period. When I say play nice, I mean it. Carry on.

Come'on Seth, just when it was getting really interesting. I just pulled up the Lazy boy and popped some popcorn.

Dear All,

First of all Matt - You said about the hamburger Stacker that - "I've been to LFL - I DON"T THINK I KNOW" - Now your backpeddling. I think the Hamburger stackers are like the Boy Scouts Backpack Frames - They could work pretty good and look close - But they are not the Real McCoy. So is your strapping a guess or are you saying you know? Because like the Hamburger stacker - I say your guessing!

Thanks,

Jack Vartuli

RedFox@optonline.net

Man can you take a simple statement made about a strapping system I saw with my own two eyes in person and turn it into a statement about all I said and try to twist and contort it into your own words...

My staement was about the strapping sytem. PLain and simple. No backpeddling as you so claim. Try adding something constructive please or are you always this negative and non helpful?

Guessing on the strapping? Hardly my man. Hardly. The photo will be posted in the next day or so of me in the archives with the 2 ANH helmets I found and also some ROTJ and one tour helmet. Then you will see me there and the helmets and the fact that I am not lying about this. Never was and no need to. Been there, saw it, wore them, rubbed them, err... nevermind that last one..

TM, no I dont have the skill to use any drawing program on the computer so I will do my best to get to LFL as I am needed on one more project before I leave the country and live abroad for good. Once I get the photos I will post here, and you can all see. I even explained in the beginning that these are what I saw but may not be the ONLY strapping out there. Just what I saw. So again stop jumping and start reading.

Braks- You seem to think that if the words 'this may be' or this is possibly' are not inserted into a sentance then it is taken as gospel and it pisses you off. Guess what? YOU have the problem then my friend. Your weird sense of what people are saying is really your issue to deal with. If you think it is saying one thing then wow, really... I am not telling you what to do.. but man get over it. PLEASE. People write the way they write and I and others are not going to change becasue you feel irrate about it.

Gino- Better Idea. YOU do the comparison and offer the evidence and stop asking others to do the work. Agian, others have already said the smaller one was the item used. So the big one was not the one used maybe? But it is the item and basically juts a size issue. The item is the key and nothing more.

There... Said it all and held my breath in one shot! WOO! Not trying to be inflamatory in anything I said but I am sure someones ire will rise...

Matt

Braks- You seem to think that if the words 'this may be' or this is possibly' are not inserted into a sentance then it is taken as gospel and it pisses you off. Guess what? YOU have the problem then my friend. Your weird sense of what people are saying is really your issue to deal with. If you think it is saying one thing then wow, really... I am not telling you what to do.. but man get over it. PLEASE. People write the way they write and I and others are not going to change becasue you feel irrate about it.

Matt,

With topics like "Bellows looking thing for the backpack REVEALED" and "Correct sandtrooper backpack main boxes FOUND!" there is little doubt about what you are trying to say. This is not my "weird sense of what you are saying." Irresponsible posts like these are made with ONE purpose: to make people believe you have positively IDed a part when in fact, you haven't. With the reputation you have manufactured for yourself over the years, many believe anything you say IS gospel. You know this and use this to your advantage in a vain attempt to shore up the mythos of the all-knowing TE by continuing to make emphatic posts which often are nothing more than your best guess.... which, whether you like it or not, is usually no more valid than anyone else's. It doesn't **** me off that you don't put the words 'this may be' or this is possibly' in these posts. It pisses me off that you are willing to spread disinformation soley for the purpose of stroking your own ego.

I really don't mind if you change the way you write or not, but as long as you continue to do so as you have done don't be suprised, shocked, or upset when I post right behind you asking for proof instead of just blindy believing your endless stream of unsubstantiated "fact". Ignore me if you want, but I will at least be there to place a question in people's minds becase I have seen far too many of your absolute "truths" turn out to be BS. As long as I am allowed, I will continue to question you or anyone who posts "facts" without backing them up.

LOL.. How funny Art... Hamburger stacker Idnetifed and smaller one found to be correct as mentioned by the Mike H...Irresponsible? Oh please.. YES, everyone waits by the computer aching for me to release the armor info and pack details like it was a PPV event... PUH-LEASE

Correct boxes found and was found to be incorrect as we were missing the indented details and did not post the pics. No reason to. So no worries...

Jeeze man, sSpreading false details? Yeah thats what I am doing. Adding to the TE name? Oh please get over it!

Ideintifed: Sandtrooper disk, Hamburger stacker, ANH helmet (first one to own one and then another), ROTJ screen used armor, shared interior helmet shots of ANH and ROTJ screen used helmets when no one else would.. the list goes on. So yes, I am all about the glory? Reason I dont share a ton is naysayers like you that DEMAND proof and then you come up with a half cocked idea and harp on it when there is no way shape or form to support it from pics and screen grabs. There is also something called deductive reasoning which I have used to identify originals correctly and you HAVE to use this when there is no other method avaiable. This is what is used when you have to and you know what? It works.. try it sometime. The results are amazing.

Case in point: AA said that only 5 ANH helmets were HDPE and the rest were ABS. Since we found 4 ANH helmets in HDPE to date, deductive reasonng said that he was wrong and had forgotten what he had done. Low and behold 2 more ANH helmets were found and auctioned off. Deductive reasoning paid off BEFORE the orignals came to light. This was also found to be true when you looked at high res photos of the suits and could see missing paint. I also seem to remember telling you that the SET FOR STUN helmet was painted and you refused to believe saying the gloss was too high and HAD to be ABS and would not back down from that. Did you enjoy me being right when the helmet was found and was painted? So I am spreading disinformation huh? Gino said the same thing about the helmet that it had to be ABS. I also slammed Jez too for calling me the HDPE expert on the RPF and later he ate his words and his ***. Chaulk up another fine point and another naysayer being totally wrong and misled by andrew aintworthashit.

Want proof? Hunt down originals. Thats what I did and was invited to see and identify ALL the ST armor they have left. Dont worry, the PROOF of me being there is coming. I could care less if people like me or not. If you dont like the info that I have offered and the originals I SAW, then dont use it. The main problem with pic taking at LFL is this: you MUST be in the photos when taking a pic and since I was called on to be prefessional and do a job there, I was allowed ONE pics since it was my birthday that day. I got the pic and I was happy. Going back will be to do more work and I hope I can before I go abroad. But in the end, the pics I get to take will be naysayed AGAIN and debated tot he ends of the earth as well I dont agree and that proves nothing.. so really.. what is the point anymore?

Matt

Correct boxes found and was found to be incorrect as we were missing the indented details and did not post the pics. No reason to. So no worries...

As usual, you are missing the point. Correct boxes found and was foung to be incorrect.... Ummm.. Matt... with all your deductive reasoning I think you can probably figure out that the above sentence makes no sense. That is like saying I found an EXACT copy of a Ford Mustang... it is a Chevy but it has 4 tires and a steering wheel so I am calling it a Mustang. You didn't find the "correct" box and then find it to be incorrect.... you found yet another INCORRECT BOX. And yet you make bold posts saying you are "revealing" this part or that or you have "found" this part or that, This is really no different than you assuring everyone that you knew for a FACT that the helmet were recycled pvc or whatever it was back in the day. You knew it for a FACT and told it to others as FACT!

Hamburger stackers... still waiting on pics as I have yet to see any that have convinced me it is the correct part. If you are right, well then congrats to you but it will be because someone else proved you were right. You just took another shot in the dark yet posted it as absolute truth.

I believe I have been back and forth on the painted, not painted thing with helmets so many times that I don't doubt I at one time believed the set for stun helmet was ABS... I fail to see the point you are making there. Are you trying to point out that I was wrong? That is nothing new. I am often wrong. However, I am not the one saying "I know for a fact such ans such is this way or that way" so when I am wrong it isn't a big deal. I tend to say "I believe X." If others choose to believe that, that is great, but I hope they aren't just taking my word for it. You on the other hand depend on people to take you for your word or you come back with something like I know this but can't share or have pics but can't share or whatever but can't can't can't.

As far as proof of you being with the helmets... I don't need it. I have seen it already. I have never disputed that.

Now if you want a REAL FACT and an area where you are DEAD WRONG...

The main problem with pic taking at LFL is this: you MUST be in the photos when taking a pic and since I was called on to be prefessional and do a job there, I was allowed ONE pics since it was my birthday that day.

This is not true as I have pics of both the hero and stunt helmet with no one in the pic. Maybe this was some rule placed on you or maybe you just fabricated it but don't make a sweeping statement as if this is the norm because it is not. Additionally, others have been allowed multiple pics of the helmets in question (I even posted those pics at the RPF quite some time ago) so I don't know why you were allowed just ONE,e specially since it was you b-day. You act like it is so tight and guarded at LFL, and maybe it is for you, but don't ASSume it is that way for everyone because it is not.

And don't expect me to naysay your pics from the archives. I generally have no reason to naysay pics... Actually I am usually asking for pics and you are playing claok and dagger about them like they are a golden egg or a carrot to hang over the heads of these poor people.

Recycled PVC was told to us by industry prefessionals and we were told wrong. So sorry on that one. Cannot play a card for us being told the worng info and we apologized for that.

As for the being in the pics it is a LFL rule. Now if others were allowed great... Not suppsed to, but the LFL rule stands true. I have many people that can attest. Of course I am dealing with some of the top people in the company and not little people there.. so whatever...

YOU miss the point Art. If you are SOOOOO intent on saying it is not the part, YOU prove it wrong. Dont sit there and demand proof without chipping in to arrpove or disprove it. Your bring nothing here but wheres the proof???

I am not allowed to show some things as LFL has said I cannot. OK? Get it???

Sheesh man, start adding to the pot or get off it..

Matt

Your attempts to sound knowledgeable are funny Art. Yay, I saw those bad pics too. Done quick and without them knowing. I can assure you they were not supposed to take those and the ****** quality proves that. I worked witht he archivists, both of them and also 2 others and we were told from the get go that we have to be in the pics. So Go there and they will tell you.

Man you spout **** and spew it without having been there or anything. Just because someone took some **** shots you seem to think you know something.. YAY for you Art... Now again, start showing some proof either way, or go away.. Got it?

Good... You are really just worthless and contribute NOTHING...

Matt

Your attempts to sound knowledgeable are funny Art. Yay, I saw those bad pics too. Done quick and without them knowing. I can assure you they were not supposed to take those and the ****** quality proves that. I worked witht he archivists, both of them and also 2 others and we were told from the get go that we have to be in the pics. So Go there and they will tell you.

Man you spout **** and spew it without having been there or anything. Just because someone took some **** shots you seem to think you know something.. YAY for you Art... Now again, start showing some proof either way, or go away.. Got it?

Good... You are really just worthless and contribute NOTHING...

Matt

I guess I could post your SUPERIOR quality pic if you would like....

If you do without my permission you will be banned. and you dont have it...

That is a reduced size one I sent you.. nice try.. Real one is over 5 megs..

Seriuosly Art, Just start showing pics and adding to the pot please. You say it is not the piece, well come on. I am ASKING you not to prove me wrong here I could care less if I was.. BUT.. you are saying show the proof thats the part.. but you are not helping out by trying to solve the mystery.. Thats all we want is to solve it.. OK?

Matt

If you do without my permission you will be banned. and you dont have it...

That is a reduced size one I sent you.. nice try.. Real one is over 5 megs..

Actually, I do have it and you didn't send it to me. I'd be more than happy to describe it in detail to you if you would like...

And don't threaten me like a petulent child. I could very easily just post it to a webpage.. upload it to anywhere.... I don't need to actually post it here, so save your threats.

Seriuosly Art, Just start showing pics and adding to the pot please. You say it is not the piece, well come on. I am ASKING you not to prove me wrong here I could care less if I was.. BUT.. you are saying show the proof thats the part.. but you are not helping out by trying to solve the mystery.. Thats all we want is to solve it.. OK?

Matt

Sorry, but I am not interested in doing your work for you. You are the one who made the unsubstantiated claim. The burden is on you, not me. And btw... how is it a mystery since you have already revealed the "facts?"

On a final note, I would like to again point out your extremem ignorance in regard to the pics I posted as you obviously know nothing about them. They were not taken quickly, although as I posted, we had asked the person for pics of fett and she just happened to snap a couple of the troopers as well.

I love when someone does contribute something and your only reaction is to lash out with childish taunts and feeble attempts to degrade what they are showing... It is much the way you treat Gino's helmets when he posted them.... you crapped all over them when clearly they are top tier. You simply can't stand anyone else even beginning to encroach and what you absurdly believe to be your territory so your only route is to attack and belittle what they had to offer. Grade school antics from the school yard bully. Nice...

Sicne you think the pics I posted were so poor... what is it that you feel is so much better in yours? Because all the helmets are laid out on a table? Because there are RotJ buckets as well? because there is no bungie cord in the way. I don't see much. The pic is slightly better composed because the photographer was slightly above the helmets... but I don't see anything all that amazingly great about the ONE pic you were allowed. However, you are more than welcome to enlighten me on its VAST superiority... especially considering you haven't posted it...

Are we playing nice yet?

Charlie

Are we playing nice yet?

Charlie

Nice enough for now. Though I could do without the bickering parts. Debate is healthy, even if it gets a little tense. Just don't be digging on each other guys, it's not becoming to anyone, and is counter-intuitive to the intelligence that I know you have.