ANH movie strapping revealed- please enjoy.

trooperexpert

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I even explained in the beginning that these are what I saw but may not be the ONLY strapping out there. Just what I saw.

But I thought that my ROTJ Stormtrooper costume couldn't possibly be screen-used because the strapping is *alledgedly* different to an ROTJ costume that you *alledgedly* saw ?!?!

I guess I won't trash the costume now that the EXPERT has hinted that it could possibly be real!!

If I ship it over to you, would you sign your name on it please Matt?! Pretty please?

Cheers,

John

I am talking about the ANH armor not the ROTJ.

Your suit is real, not screen used. You attempts to be funny and demeaning are lame and really just childish John. Sadly.

If you people had 1/2 a brain, you would see that Braks already posted that he has the pic of me in the archive proving I was there.. Sheesh you people really need to learn to read...

wow just boggles the mind...

Matt

BTW I wouldnot sign off on a tour suit anyway

So let me get this straight.... you reckon that there COULD be strapping variations in ANH trooper suits, but NOT in ROTJ suits, based on..... what? Wild guesses... information from your native American spirit-guide... women's intuition???!!!

You must have thought it was real when you offerred me $27,000 plus a replica Stormtrooper costume, plus a replica TIE Pilot helmet and chestbox (you stopped short of a set of steak knives and a washer/dryer... guess I should've held out )

When I said "no, thanks" you suddenly informed me that the costume was a fake... then the next day you emailed me back to say that it was a Tour suit!

It's common knowledge that Tour suits were first fabricated in the mid 90's and it's plain to see that my costume looks NOTHING like one of these Tour suits... but the helmet does look identical to 2 others in private collections here in the UK... true they never made it to the Archives (and there might not be other background studio helmets in the Archives), but they did come directly from the Death Star docking bay set at Elstree back in '82... pretty bulletproof provenance if you ask me

As others have pointed out Matt, you simply can't stand the thought of anyone else having an original stormtrooper helmet / costume...

I'm afraid the only thing that you're EXPERT at is bullshitting people who are new into the hobby, and don't know any better! LOL

Cheers,

John

Oh how funny.. the old I am lying to get a real costume form you ******** again John! GET OVER IT. I told you from the start I wanted it to make better molds from and was going to tear it apart. Cost of the suit was negligible as I would have made 2-3 times that...

YES there are differences. YOU have a suit used for touring purposes. ****, even and ex LFL employee said the strapping did not match the suits he wore for LFL events. So, again puh-leeeeease...

The suit is REAL.. I already told you there was a world of difference between coming off of the real molds which yours does, and a screen used suit, which yours is not.

And I was offered that suit for more than I offered you back in 1999 and we all passed on it since it was not used in the film.

I am happy to say I dont care about your costume as it is assembled differently, has a differenet strapping system and markings inside the suit dont match the other off white ones I have seen... Gotta go and take care of a work emeergency. Would love to stay and rip into you more, but.. life and death calls before arguing with mentally challneged people I am afraid...

Matt

Okay sandtroopers,

Thanks to Matt for sharing what information he had on this subject. Unless a credible source can offer any other "helpful" information on this subject matter I am locking this thread effective immediately.

According to the DL, members who have been contacted recently are hereby reminded that you already have your first "official" warning.

Yes, I haven't been as active as in the past but that doesn't mean that I don't peruse this website for content.

Unfortunately, there has been a rash of individuals who wish to use this forum for "pissing contests"...well troopers that ends right now.

Man, I really dislike having to "police" others when I'm not at the JOB however, the recent downward spiral in the language and overall "feel" of The MEPD warrants my return as a dang nabbit police officer! Seth hired me so if there is a disagreement between suspected offenders and the exec, he'll decide the outcome and I have no problem with that.

Just a word to the wise, I won't jump unless I have to...and when I do I'll be sure that I'm performing my duty within the parameters as the executive officer of The MEPD AND I'm willing to bet a dollar to a doughnut hole that the DL won't need to second guess his 2nd in command...period.

The MEPD that I know was always meant to be a resource for those individuals who desired to be "sandtroopers" AND a "home" for those sandtroopers wishing to "fellowship" with other sandtroopers and potential wannabes. This place should be a safehaven to those who are tired of the "flaming" found at other websites. Let's not have that type of behavior get established here in our house.

So just a friendly reminder from your good old neighborhood executive officer - keep ALL the comments "constructive" and on topic...

Remember gang, keep everything in perspective. Carry on!