Parts to Identify

bearden6521

It looks to me that the beestinger on the movealong guys back is a short peice of black rubber hose or plastic tubing.i snagged me a router antenna the other day,mine looks thicker than Mikes and is injected in black plastic,lucky find i must say.i would post pics but my camera batteries are dead,maybe tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my progress so far with the SB boxes and MH parts. I'm having fun with this build! It's going quicker than I first thought it would when I opened the box up...

This is a tupperware pitcher, MH vac formed part with a 1/2" rubber hose with a notch cut out. (Unless my eyes are tricking me, it looks like there's a notch in the stinger in the screen cap). I left the hose stick out a couple inches on the other side for connecting to the lower SB box. I figured the rubber hose would be better to use than pvc so it can "flex" when laying the pack down...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here are a couple pics of my completed top half of the pack.

It consists of:

SB main box

scratch built exhaust pipe & MH housing

wet wipes bottle/MH bowl combo

MH tool box

scratch built side tubes

I used krylon fusion satin black and rustoleum CA slate blue for the paint job. I need the correct tape for the tool box. Where's the best place to get it? Is the color gray or black and what is the exact name of it? I think some of you refer to it as graffer tape...? Now, it's time to work on the lower half of the pack...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Harry

I need the correct tape for the tool box. Where's the best place to get it? Is the color gray or black and what is the exact name of it? I think some of you refer to it as graffer tape...?

Harry, the pack looks like it has electrical tape on the tool kit. What you've heard people referring to is gaffer's tape, or gaff tape depending on who you ask, and it's very different from electrical tape. Gaffer's tape is usually matte finish, fabric, comes in a wide array of colors, and usually has a good hold with relatively easy release. It's called gaffer's tape because gaffers (lead lighting technicians) in the film industry use it...and use it and use it and use it. It's a miracle on set when you need a quick fix, hence it's use holding the splits in the pretty boys' armor together during the Tantive IV raid.

Thanks Mike. I thought yours looked like electrical tape. I'll probably use that as well. I have a couple of widths sitting in the garage, might as well put it to use!

That's coming along very nicely!

I used the basic 3/4in. black electrical tape for the tool box. Not sure if it's exact, but it's what I had around.

Yeah, I saw a lot of posts on a couple of the armor threads about gaffer's...I also saw a post of a guy's pack pics with what appeared to be a gray colored cloth tape for the tool box. I wanted to double check with the MEPD experts...thanks Tom!

Harry, the pack looks like it has electrical tape on the tool kit. What you've heard people referring to is gaffer's tape, or gaff tape depending on who you ask, and it's very different from electrical tape. Gaffer's tape is usually matte finish, fabric, comes in a wide array of colors, and usually has a good hold with relatively easy release. It's called gaffer's tape because gaffers (lead lighting technicians) in the film industry use it...and use it and use it and use it. It's a miracle on set when you need a quick fix, hence it's use holding the splits in the pretty boys' armor together during the Tantive IV raid.

I was thinking about the side pole and it also looks like some cheap little bike pumps I have seen. I don't remember where, but I know I have seen pumps with the handle that had that exact tapered shape. As mentioned before though, it is also very likely that it is a foot from some set equipment like a tripod/monopod/light rig/etc.